503 Error upon customer logging in on frount end

This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months, 3 weeks ago ago by Rose Tyler

Riccardo
    Participant
    July 19, 2023 at 23:15

Hi There,

Everything has been working fine up until 2 days ago.

However now when a customer logs in they are getting a 503 error (this is not happening from admin users. Only customers. If I change the theme to another theme then there is no issue whatsoever.

I have been in contact with my hosting provider and they run some checks however they have advised me to contact the theme developer.

This is the email I got from them:

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for holding on, we have checked the cloned site of your application and the main issue on the site was with the logged in customers as whenever we try to login it gives us 503 error. We have checked the logs for your application and found this

[Wed Jul 19 04:44:22.912359 2023] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 25760:tid 139835092113152] [client 110.93.203.99:0] AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header, referer: https://woocommerce-971383-3*****.cloudwaysapps.com/checkout

[Wed Jul 19 04:44:22.912394 2023] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 25760:tid 139835092113152] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 110.93.203.99:0] AH01075: Error dispatching request to : , referer: https://woocommerce-971383-3*****.cloudwaysapps.com/checkout

These logs occur when there is a issue related to the code of the theme that is application is using (xstore-child). We have tried to apply a default theme “twentytwenty” on the cloned application and after that I was able to login as customer without having any 503 error, the default theme is still activated in the cloned application, you can test it from your end as well.

We would suggest you to contact your developer for this concern and they will help you out in figuring this issue.

13 Answers
    Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    July 20, 2023 at 08:07

Hello, Riccardo,

Thank you for contacting us and for using XStore.

As we can see, the hosting mentioned xstore-child theme, please check how logging works when XStore parent theme is activated.
    Let us know the result.

Is the problem persists with the child theme only, it means the reason is in your custom code. If the problem persists with the parent theme too, provide us with temporary wp-admin and FTP access, so we can check the situation more deeply.

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

Riccardo
    Participant
    July 21, 2023 at 04:59

Hi Rose,

Thanks for your reply.

I changed the child theme back to the parent and i am still getting the same error.

[proxy_fcgi:error [pid 26617:tid 140266862151424 [client 180.148.114.31:0 AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header, referer: 

[proxy_fcgi:error [pid 26617:tid 140266862151424 (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 180.148.114.31:0 AH01075: Error dispatching request to : , referer: https://www.****.com

This is a membership site so I have subscriptions and membership plugins and the 503 error occurs if the logged in user has an active subscription or has had one in the past, all other users are fine.

Thanks

Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    July 21, 2023 at 05:20

Hello, Riccardo,

When mentioned 3rd party plugins are disabled all work fine? Have you tried to contact the support of plugins?

Please note that we do not give a guarantee for full theme compatibility with all existing 3rd party plugins. Sometimes, not always, you need additionally customize the theme or plugin to make them work together. Unfortunately, it’s not possible for the author to make the theme compatible with all the existing plugins and additional customization is outside the scope of our basic support.

Please let us know the answer you get from the plugin authors, we mean plugin after disabling which the logging in works fine.
    After that, provide temporary wp-admin and FTP access, so we can check what can be done to help you from our side.

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

Please contact administrator
    for this information.
    Riccardo
    Participant
    July 25, 2023 at 02:34

Hi, I have been in contact with WooCommerce in regards to both membership and subscriptions plugins. These are not third party plugins.. They are built by WooCommerce. I have changed the theme to the default woo commerce theme “storefront” and everything works fine, so it is a theme issue as this was working fine up until the last theme update.

for this information.
    Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    July 25, 2023 at 09:16

Hello, Riccardo,

We can’t connect FTP:

Error:         	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
    Error:         	Could not connect to server

Please try to connect to FTP using FileZilla by yourself.
    Is there a restriction by IP or something else?

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

Riccardo
    Participant
    July 25, 2023 at 09:49

Hi Rose,

I have just connected with the login details I sent.

And was able to access via CoreFTP there is no restrictions on the login i sent.

Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    July 25, 2023 at 13:29

Hello, Riccardo,

Please try to connect to FTP using FileZilla by yourself https://filezilla-project.org/ . If you can connect, but we can’t – “Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
    Error: Could not connect to server” , you need to contact your hosting provider and ask for assistance with it.

What FTP port and FTP encryption can be used?

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

Riccardo
    Participant
    July 26, 2023 at 03:47

Hi Rose,

sorry correct port is 22

Thanks,
    Riccardo

Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    July 26, 2023 at 15:00

Hello, Riccardo,

We have conducted an analysis of the XStore theme and the entire website, and found that the cause of the problem is the WooCommerce Memberships plugin – this is not the default WooCommerce plugin – https://prnt.sc/6z6SRzFlcNKJ
    Details can be found in the video – https://we.tl/t-djUF11MBsB
    We also noticed server and object caching, but we were unable to find a way to clear it. Could you please disable it and check the problem again? There is a chance that it was just cached.

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

Riccardo
    Participant
    July 27, 2023 at 00:32

Hi Rose,

Yes, I have been in contact with SkyVerge.

As mentioned. This was all working prior to recent theme update. Also when changing to another theme there is no issue whatsoever.

Server and object cache have been cleared repeatably by myself as well as my host.

I have completely turned object and server caching off now.

Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    July 27, 2023 at 15:03

Hello, Riccardo,

We have downgraded the theme version to 9.1.9 and 9.1.8 – the issue is still present, please refer to videos in the Private Content area.

We have identified that the cause of the issue is still the WooCommerce Memberships – By SkyVerge plugin, which modifies the WC_Product_Subscription object in such a way that the get_price() method called through the woocommerce_get_cart_contents filter causes the following error on the server: “The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.”

We have added a temporary fix in the themes/xstore/framework/features/woocommerce/quantity-discounts.php file, which will be included in the next theme update.

However, the best solution would be to resolve the issue in the WooCommerce Memberships – By SkyVerge plugin.

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

for this information.
    Riccardo
    Participant
    August 9, 2023 at 01:00

Hi There,

Thank you the recent update has fixed the 503 error, however the new update has no caused another issue. This is with the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin. 9https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-subscriptions/)

Adding a subscription to the cart is working fine however it is not creating a recurring charge.

Please see attached links of the live site as well as a exact duplicate with a different theme.

Thanks

for this information.
    Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    August 10, 2023 at 14:27

Hello, Riccardo,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

https://prnt.sc/_CtEqcqjH9V6
    Unfortunately, our Dashboard->Sales Booster->Quantity Discounts functionality is not compatible with subscriptions.
    This is because any change in the subscription price results in its conversion to a regular product.
    Currently, we have disabled this option.

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

• Viewing 14 results - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up

We're using our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our website. Keep on browsing to accept our cookie policy.