What personal information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your contact information, including your (first and last) name, (billing) address, email address, IP address and, optionally, your telephone number. We need your e-mail address and (optionally) telephone number so that we may contact you if we have questions or information for you regarding your order or the service that we are providing or will provide to you, IP address to provide proof of your location for EU VAT rules.
- Purchase code (optionally), ThemeForest buyer, site URL, support date to confirm your purchase and allow you to use our support forum.
- Web analytics. Web analytics is the term given to a method for collecting and assessing the behavior of visitors to websites. This includes the analysis of traffic patterns in order, for example, to determine the frequency of visits to certain parts of a website, or to find out what information and services our visitors are most interested in. Web analytics are carried out by Google Analytics.
- Dashboard and FTP accesses (optionally). We ask this information to help our customers and solve the problems that appeared during using our product.
Each user has the right to refuse the submission of personal information at any time. However, in this case, some functions and services offered at the Site may be degraded and/or made unavailable, in part or in its entirety.
When we collect information
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, use Live Chat, register theme using purchase code, open a Support Topic or enter information on our site.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How we protect your information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider (Stripe, PayPal) and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Keeping personal information
We’ll hold on to users’ information for as long as their accounts are active or as needed to provide services to users.
Access to your own personal information
Information indicated by the User at the Site can be reviewed and edited in the section «Your Account > edit your password and account details». Alternatively, users may contact 8theme at Contact page and request a copy of information collected by 8theme to be extracted and provided in a readable format. 8theme will respond to such request without unreasonable delay.
Users shall contact us at Contact page in order to cancel his/her account or request that we delete or no longer use their information to provide services. In this case, we will retain and use user’s information only to the extent, necessary to comply with our legal obligations, prevention of fraud, resolution of disputes and performance of our agreements.
We use ‘cookies’
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add-on.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email. Sometimes, we may use purchase history to increase our knowledge or what our customers like, so that we can make sure we’re talking to you about things you’re interested in.
You can stop receiving marketing messages by clicking unsubscribe link on any email.
We’ll update your information as soon as possible, but it may take a few days for all our systems to update.
This policy is regularly reviewed and any major changes will be communicated directly to our customers.