Hi hope you are well. I have just bought and installed XStore. It is performing extremely slow for some reason, I did a GT metrix test and it’s showing 211 requests as opposed to the demo itself showing 61 requests, I haven’t done any customization as yet so I am very confused as to what the issue might beSite URL: hidden Theme version: 9.1.13 WooCommerce version: 8.0.1
We hope this message finds you well.
We are writing to inform you that we have conducted a speed analysis on your website, shamaspiceworld.co.za. Unfortunately, the results are not satisfactory. You can view the detailed report by following this link: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/shamaspiceworld.co.za/FTcI0KNv/
We recommend taking the necessary actions to improve your website’s speed for a better user experience.
1. Optimize your images: Large image files can significantly slow down your website. Make sure to optimize your images by compressing them without sacrificing too much quality. You can use various image optimization plugins or online tools to achieve this.
2. Cache your website: Caching helps reduce the server load and improves page load times by storing a static version of your web pages. Consider using a caching plugin, such as WP Rocket, to improve the performance of your site.
4. Evaluate your hosting provider: The hosting provider plays a crucial role in website performance. Ensure you are using a reliable hosting service optimized for WordPress. Consider upgrading to a better hosting plan or switching to a hosting provider that specializes in WordPress hosting.
5. Limit the use of plugins: Excessive use of plugins can slow down your website. Evaluate your plugin usage and deactivate or remove any unnecessary plugins. Opt for lightweight and well-coded plugins that have a positive impact on performance.
We have further options in our theme related to Speed Optimization, which can help you to increase the speed of your site. You can find more information about it in our theme documentation here: https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/100-how-to-speed-up-my-website & https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/128-how-to-improve-wp-rocket-settings-with-xstore/.
Hi Tony thank you for the speedy response, much appreciated
We haven’t added anything to the website as yet other than what is in the demo content. I do know the hosting provider is a factor but it’s showing a lot more resources being loaded than what is included in the demo content when run through GT Metrix, Could there maybe have been something that has occurred during the import or installation process?
Thank you for your response.
Please provide temporary wp-admin access, so we can take a closer look.
To provide wp-admin access, you can create a new user account with administrator role via the Dashboard, and provide us with the username and password via the Private Content area.
Thank You Tony, i have included credentials in the Private Content Area
Thank you for your response.
From what we can see, you need to improve the next:
– Avoid an excessive DOM size – read these posts about DOM https://docs.wp-rocket.me/article/1412-avoid-an-excessive-dom-size
https://isotropic.co/avoid-an-excessive-dom-size-on-your-wordpress-website/ Also, you may try to reduce the DOM results on the page by reducing the number of sections of the page/elements in the footer or header.
– Avoid chaining critical requests – https://gtmetrix.com/avoid-chaining-critical-requests.html
– Eliminate render-blocking resources – you may try solutions described here https://onlinemediamasters.com/eliminate-render-blocking-resources-wordpress/
– Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN), it can give an equally fast web experience to your users across the globe. We use CDN on our demos.
We hope this information is helpful.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.