Recently I was having problems with the performance of my site as it was taking too long to load (sometimes it didn’t load at all).
I contacted my hosting server and they recommended me to deactivate the Xstore plugin as it was too heavy… and indeed, when I deactivated it my site started to load fast again. Why is it that the Xstore plugin started to give me problems just now? what can I do so that it doesn’t happen again? The plugin hasn’t given me these problems until now, why is that?
I leave my login information in the private content area in case you need it.Site URL: hidden Theme version: 9.2.2 WooCommerce version: 8.2.1
Thank you for contacting us and for using XStore.
In order to resolve your issue, kindly adhere to the following steps provided.
1) Check System Requirements:
Ensure that your web hosting environment meets the minimum requirements for the XStore theme. Check the image for specific requirements here: https://imgur.com/wKn5z6x
2) We suggest disabling all third-party plugins (including cache plugins) that do not come bundled with XStore (https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/36-included-plugins), clearing the cache of the browser, and then checking again. It is possible that one of the additional plugins is causing the issue.
If the issue still persists, please keep all third-party plugins deactivated on your site and grant permission to debug your site, which includes deactivating all third-party plugins and on-site Customization. This will allow us to investigate and assist you accordingly.
Please note that you should take a complete backup of your site before proceeding.
3) We suggest switching to the Parent theme if you are currently using the Child Theme on your site. After clearing the cache, check again. The issue may be due to your Child Theme.
4) Server Response Time:
Use a website performance testing tool like GTmetrix to analyze your site’s performance. This tool can highlight areas for improvement.
Implement caching to speed up your website’s load times.
6) Optimize Images and Content:
Compress and optimize images and other media files to reduce page load times.
Before making significant changes, always back up your website. This ensures that you can restore it if something goes wrong during troubleshooting.
8) We invite you to peruse our theme documentation which provides detailed information on how to enhance the speed of your website.
Remember to take one step at a time and thoroughly test your website after each change to identify the source of the problem. It’s important to diagnose and address each issue separately to ensure a stable and optimized website.
Hi again! I followed the steps you recommended and this is what I found:
1) THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ARE FULFILLED, I have them in order since I installed the theme for the first time.
2) I deactivated the rest of plugins and something curious happened: my page worked with all plugins active (including xstore) but it started to become slow when I activated elementor pro, I can have one or the other activated but when xstore and elementor pro are activated at the same time is when it starts to become very heavy.
3) Regarding the parent theme: I have had it enabled for a while, I verified that it was enabled instead of child them and it was.
4) I could not use GTmetrix because it did not detect the url (see point 7).
5) I have caching implemented. I cleared the cache and the problem persists.
6) It is true that I had too many unoptimized images, I solved this issue (all my images are now reduced to 90% of their original size) but the problem persists.
7) Backup: I have the backup saved, however, I have a problem…
Before doing the backup I had deactivated the xstore plugin to test if it was causing me problems. I activated it again but the demo I had installed “Minimal Fashion 2” was no longer imported… I imported it again and it appeared that the media files could not be installed (this happened to me when I installed the theme for the first time, at that time I gave you access to help me install it since I could not) and now on my page there is nothing of what I had worked so far.
Look, honestly it is easier for me to redo all the work from 0 (being that now I already have my products and my media files backed up) taking into account the optimization of plugins, images and cache during the process than trying to fix this now.
I mean, I would like you to please help me again to install the Minimal Fashion 2 demo, I will leave the site reset and build again from 0 already with the measures that you and my hosting server gave me regarding web optimization (and if there are still any other suggestions left that I should listen to I will gladly read them).
Please help me with this, thank you in advance…
Thank you for your response.
1) Check System Requirements:
Ensure that your web hosting environment meets the minimum requirements for the XStore theme. Please set the php version 8.0 on your site and increase max execution time minimum 6000. Check the image for specific requirements here: https://imgur.com/wKn5z6x -Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to fix.
2) We recommend running an import on a fresh WordPress installation. To do this, you can use the WordPress Database Reset plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-database-reset/). This plugin can be used to remove all existing content and install a new version from scratch.
Please do the reset and let us know which demo you would like to import. We will help you with the import.
Do you prefer WPBakery or Elementor?
We look forward to hearing from you.
Hi! thank you for your support, I just checked the theme again and it looks like I managed to install the media files and the theme is now complete.
I’m just wondering why I couldn’t have the Elementor Pro and Xstore plugins on at the same time and what can I do to optimize the theme and the Xstore plugin so that it doesn’t cause this problem again.
Again, thank you for your support.
1) We are glad to hear that you managed to install the media files and complete the theme.
2) Regarding the issue with Elementor Pro and the XStore core plugins.
XStore is designed to be fully compatible with Elementor Pro, You are welcome to utilize Elementor Pro Plugin.
For further optimization of your site, you can refer to the XStore theme documentation.
If you have any more specific questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask. we are here to help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.