Yesterday we upgraded our theme to find that our entire design was reset and included a banner which asked me to reactivate. Only after re-activation was our own design restored (though not prefectly)
This is our first time to use this theme and thankfully the site was on our development server but is this normal upgrade behaviour? If so, this is completely unacceptable. If this theme was live on our client’s site the result would have been damaging. I also note from the forums that other users had long delays even being allowed to activate.
Can you confirm the following:
1. If XStore will require re-activation after every upgrade?
2. Will XStore continue to reset to default style after upgrade unless re-activated?
3. Where can I read your documentation/terms regarding theme activation?
3. Where can I view/manage my own activation details and or registered domains? (No. of activations remaining etc)
1) No. This inconvenience was caused by activation option improvement in this version only.
2) If theme is not activated then you won’t be able to use theme and it will show the default styles.
3), 4) We are working on re-design and improvement of our official site and all these options will be available for the new site. Unfortunately, theme activation was released before the official site update.
I had the same issue. After updating the theme through the admin panel (nice this is an option now), it deactivated the theme and I didn’t know until I visited my site to see a banner telling me to activate.
Then when I did activate, the settings were screwed up and the site was sooooo slow.
I reverted to the previous check point and will update when I know the bugs are fixed.
After reading all the issues people are having we are deeply concerend about going live without issues. You urgently need to provide documentation on this matter. If your theme is not reliable in these fundamental ways it is worthless.
@rwlee33 – we noticed no speed issues but it took 2hrs to restore everything to work correctly as before the upgrade. Even basic functionality like the cart had to be re-enabled.