That was the reason of the problem that you provided FTP to test WP installation and dashboard access to the production site.
We need Dashboard access to the site where theme should be updated. Credentials from the production site do not work for the /newdemo/. Please, provide me admin panel access to the site where you want to update theme now.
Okay, I will provide the detials for test site in private content.
I looked over the latest theme release for Classico and seems like a lot of files are missing…
We have updated theme. Fattal error was caused by wp-content/themes/classico-child/framework/theme-functions.php
I don’t know why you moved that file into child theme because if you want to change the function from that file you just need to copy the function into child theme functions.php file and don’t need to copy whole theme-functions.php file.
Thank you for sorting that. I didn’t set up the child theme on this website so I’m not sure what was done. So what is the best way to update the theme on our live site? Are there some steps I can follow as the help guide I was sent before about upgrading the theme doesn’t tell you what to do with relatio to child and parent themes and how best to update them.
Also, just discovered that on the testing site, I am unable to add an element to a single product with WP Bakery. Can you take a look and let me know what the bug is? As will need to fix this before updating the theme on the live site. Thanks!
1. Sorry I don’t understand what you mean.
2. There is no problem viewing the product, but if you try to add an element to the page, none of the elements can be clicked. ie. you can click them but nothing happens.
Regarding point 1: You mean there are edits in our child theme – yes there will be some customisation – can we not just update the parent so it doesn’t affect the child?
1) Child theme includes only functions.php and style.css file at start. When you begin to customize your site you copy new files into the child theme and change them. When you update parent theme sometimes you may need to update child theme files according to changes in parent theme because you override parent theme files and old child theme files sometimes make the problems for the parent theme. If you need more information about child themes you can read WP documentation.
2) Don’t understand your problem https://gyazo.com/236a7ff8df6ff741418e149e1717e51f
Thanks for reply.
1) Thanks. Will have to read it over again.
2) Seems to work okay for you so maybe a browser issue, though Chrome is usually fine. Will have to do more testing.
Feel free to close this ticket.
We are glad that problems were solved. This topic will be closed. Please kindly open up new tickets for additional questions.
The topic ‘Some product SKUs not recognised/showing in [8theme] Products element’ is closed to new replies.
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Seems you did not register purchase code for Classico WordPress Support Forum to be able to create a topic on this forum.