You can update the Core plugin via FTP – https://www.8theme.com/demo/docs/royal/Plugins/Plugins_Update
or delete the plugin via Dashboard and install the latest version via Appearance > Install plugins.
I updated the theme, then updated the Royal Core via Dashboard delete then reinstall and again, it changed some of the site’s layout, such as the header and footer and the left & right margins. My Most of my Custom CSS got wiped out it seems.
Again, I restored the site to the previous version. You can see the difference. I need you to do the theme and plugins update for me and have it NOT change any of my CSS, settings, etc. I need for everything to remain the same after the theme and Core updates. I’ve provided my login FTP and WP Admin in the private area. Thanks for your help wit this.
That’s odd because I first clicked on Update Theme from the WP Panel. Then I deactivate and reinstall the Royal Core as instructed. I didn’t see any update notification for the Redux after that.
So can I now update the Slider Rev to 6.0.9 without issues? I assume it’s been tested.
I just received another notification of a Royal Theme update. Did you just provided an update last week? Let me know if there’s any issues with this new update. As you recall, I had issues with the Royal Core last time where it changed my layout and settings. And you had to update the theme for me.
Let me know. Thanks!
You can find the changelog on ThemeForest https://themeforest.net/item/royal-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/8611976?s_rank=6
Latest Version 6.0.1 August 23, 2019
ADDED: Version Compatibility with Royal Core Plugin
FIXED: Portfolio page with SitePress and Loco translate
FIXED: Autoupdate option (Royal Core)
FIXED: et_top_cart, et_menu shortcodes without WPBakery plugin (Royal Core)
New update is minor update and should not cause problems.
I just noticed on my site, some of the settings have changed from the last theme update that you did for me. For example:
1) In the footer, some of the divider lines color and thickness changed: https://prnt.sc/owpq7z
It should have remain to look like this, thinner: https://prnt.sc/owpqpy – Apparently it changed some of my Custom CSS. I need them to look consistent as before.
2) On my individual pages (other than Contact Us and Shop Pages), it added the Sidebar: https://prnt.sc/owpqvz – I had to manually go to each page and change the Sidebar Position to “Without Sidebar” so it would not show. So time consuming having to do this! I spent hours setting up these pages the way I wanted, theme updates and royal core should not changed my settings, please.
3) I haven’t updated the theme again to your latest version yet. I have a feeling it will change some of my settings again. Please do the update for me and make sure all of my settings remain the same.
4) Also, isn’t there a pre-loading option for each page? So it shows a pre-loading spinner or something because I noticed without it, it shows an odd page transition as the page components are being loaded to display.
Thank you for your support.
Sorry for the delay in answering. It’s related to a number of users’ requests.
2) 6.x was a major update and we changed the options framework from Option Tree to Redux CMB2 this caused the problem that previously selected options for the pages should be re-saved.
3) Everything depends on update. If you checked the changelog and found that we released the major update then it would be better to create staging site (full copy of production), update theme there and if everything is ok then update production site. If not you then you’ll be able to fix issues and only after that update production. At this moment theme and Royal core plugin are up to date.
4) There is only site preloader option in Theme Options > General > Loader. We don’t have a special loader option for the single page. We would recommend you to use cache plugin to speed up your site and make loading of every page more snoozing.
No problem, I was just following up, I’m sure you guys have a bunch of inquiries.
3) I don’t normally have staging copy of the site to test for an update. I usually back up the entire site, then do the update. If there;’s a big issue on the settings & layout after the theme update, I would restore it back to the previous site version, then I message you guys on it for help.
Royal Theme 6.0.1 is the latest that I have installed, so I assume I’m up to date.
3) Yes, but the update of the staging site allows us to compare sites and fix the problems better than without it. Also, your users won’t face any issues with the production site. Duplicator plugin allows to create a copy very easy, just take into account for the future.
The topic ‘Slider Revolution 6.0.4 – New?’ is closed to new replies.
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty