I used the PageSpeedInsights link: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
– to investigate possible slow loading reasons for my site using the Royal theme.
The results show a bunch of options to do to help eliminate those extra slow loading seconds. If adjust the Enable Text Compressions via my server, Remove unused CSS, Eliminate render-blocking resources, etc, will this cause any issues to the Roy Theme core? Just making sure. Let me know. Thanks.Theme version: 5.0.1
We’d love to help you optimize your site but that is outside the scope of our support. I can give you just the main tips but every site is individual.
General site speed depends on many factors. Below you’ll find the main of them
1) Plugins. When you have multiple plugins installed and activated on your site, it can slow it down. So, please, keep enabled only those plugins that you really need for the correct functioning of your site and disable all the plugin that you don’t use. The more plugins you use, the slower it will be.
2) Caching. The most important part of optimizing your site is caching. Combine cached page with gzip compression to get better results. We recommend using W3 Total Cache. Read the beginners guide to setting up W3 Total Cache plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/w3-total-cache-settings/
Also, a very good plugin is WP Rocket, but it’s paid.
3) Images. Use optimized images only otherwise you will have big images and slow loading time. Do not upload larger images than what is needed. When you use image editing tool like Photoshop don’t save images without using the option “Save For Web”.
There are different ways on how to compress images. Use special services or WordPress plugins to optimize your images for decreased loading times:
– Ewww Image Optimizer
– Smush Image Compression and Optimization plugin
Sometimes slow speed can be a result of your hosting service. If you have checked the above items and the site is still slow, the most likely it is a server/hosting issue. Contact your host and discuss it with them. Because even with the default WP theme site speed could be slow.
In case you need professional help with site optimization you may contact WPKraken team because unfortunately, that is outside the scope of our support.
If you think that our theme is the main reason that makes your site slow we are ready to give you refund.
I was just double checking. All good, Thank you.
You are welcome!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent