At screenshot http://prntscr.com/oou4hj at the url
https://officialhcgdietstore.com/cart/ why is the message “Checkout is not available whilst your cart is empty” misspelled? How can we correct this so it says ” “Checkout is not available while your cart is empty”
There is no such sentence in our theme, so we can’t fix it. It’s WooCommerce info message and text in WooCommerce plugin files http://prntscr.com/oozg6y So, contact plugin support or use translation files to change the text.
Where is translation files as shown by the screenshot you provided? Contacting woocommerce to fix anything is virtually useless.
If you use Loco Translate then go to Loco Translate > Plugins > WooCommerce.
WooCommerce has the support forum and you can report about problems https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/woocommerce/ or https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce
Again we contacted woocommerce support a few days ago and finally got a response.
They said that the message that we posted earlier is not WooCommerce info but is a message create by the theme developer or a developer of your website and it’s being used
under the theme, xstore and because of this they will not edit this text.
1) If their support answered you that they don’t have that message in WooCommerce plugin files it only means that they don’t know their product and even don’t want to make a search before the answer to the customer. I have clearly explained to you what files of WooCommerce plugin include that text. Did you provide them this screenshot https://prnt.sc/oozg6y ? Did you check the screenshot by yourself to send proofs to support member?
You may download the WooCommerce plugin archive from the official site, extract it and open files mentioned on the screenshot and search for the text that you are talking about.
Also, you may enable any default theme and check the checkout page and you’ll get the same message.
Provide us with link to your topic to WooCommerce support.
2) Besides whilst and while are synonymous. http://prntscr.com/oqeu53 but if you want to change it you can use woocommerce translation files.
1) Yes we sent a screenshot of your answer to us and the screenshot of https://prnt.sc/oozg6y We again reached out to support two more times and they gave us the same answer they given us last time. That his 404 page is built in from the template xstore which was built by the developer and is out of there hands.
We forward your last message to them and they said 8theme is mistaken and it would appear that your theme developer (8theme) is trying to unjustly pass the blame on to woocommerce.
2) What is the directions to changed it in woocommerce translation files?
We downloaded Loco Translate but thats as far as we got, we searched for the 404 page and got the follow results,
404 page content
Use it to change the content of the 404 page. Use HTML. Do not include JS.
Of course we never used this plug in nor edit are translation files before so we do not know how to do this. http://prntscr.com/oqqr5m
Should be noted that we are talking about the Shopping cart message misspelled and not the 404 page. We got two different topic trends mixed up.
Could you provide us with screenshots of your conversation with the WooCommerce?
1) This screenshot https://prnt.sc/oozg6y doesn’t relate to the 404 page. Please read replies in this topic – https://www.8theme.com/topic/404-page-questions/
2) Go to Loco translate > Plugins > WooCommerce > https://prnt.sc/oquo8l
1 I deleted all the message as soon as I got them because they was no help to me anyways. They offered no help to us and the only noted thing from woocommerce replies was they placed all the blame onto 8themes.
If I had known you wanted to see them earlier I would have saved them.
2 We already download the loco plugin
Do you mean this location http://prntscr.com/oqyihd and http://prntscr.com/oqyj1f
2) Try to translate and check the result. I this doesn’t help, provide us with URL and temporary wp-admin access to your site, I will take a closer look.
Yea I still have no idea what we are doing wrong here.. Here is the temp logins
You asked us about the following sentence “Checkout is not available whilst your cart is empty. ” and this is WooCommerce plugin text and we don’t see any problem with the translation/changing of this text using translation files https://prnt.sc/os2qzt Check the frontend. If you remove the translation you’ll get the previous text.
If you ask about the 404 page content – this is our theme content.
Also, we would be grateful if you won’t mix the questions. Don’t create a situation when we or WooCommerce blames each other if you ask different questions. It’s our reputation we don’t want to make WooCommerce support think that we just want to avoid responsibility!
Don’t create a situation when we or WooCommerce blames each other if you ask different questions? Excuse me but that isn’t the case, so don’t blame me for this shit! I asked several questions before about the 404 page and the misspelled shopping cart page you told me to contact Woocommerce support.
I contacted Woocommerce support and in turn they blamed 8themes as it relates to editing the 404 page and the misspelled shopping cart page. They claimed these pages are built into the xtheme and its a issue with 8themes. I didn’t say this shit, that’s what they just told me!
I relayed this message to you and in response you blame Woocommerce, by saying they don’t even know their own products and that they couldn’t bother do any research before answering our question.
Olga, it takes a lot of goddamn nerve to accuse me of being responsible for creating a situation were 8thems and Woocommerce blame each other! I am not responsible for the comments you made about Woocommerce nor am I responsible for the comments they made about you.
You asked us only about the info message in this topic. And only this info message is related to WooCommerce part. This your answer and quote of the WooCommerce support http://prntscr.com/os6xdx clearly explains that you asked them about 404 page. That’s why they redirected you to our support.
I don’t understand why did you ask them about 404 page if you got the answer to this question from the very beginning here https://www.8theme.com/topic/404-page-questions/
Anyway, I just ask you to be more attentive while creating topics and getting the answers to avoid misunderstanding in the future.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.