The search tool seems to be missing some, but not all products when we search by a Brand name.
For example “olukai”:
https://borregooutfitters.com/?s=olukai&post_type=product&et_search=true finds 6 products. But a brand filter https://borregooutfitters.com/shop/brand/olukai/ finds 10 products.
Or “stonewall kitchen”:
https://borregooutfitters.com/?s=stonewall+kitchen&post_type=product&et_search=true finds 3 products. But a brand filter https://borregooutfitters.com/shop/brand/stonewall-kitchen/ finds 32. Do you know what’s wrong??
Our theme searches by title, description, SKU, posts, pages. It does not search by tags, brands, categories.
Thanks for getting back to me. This seems like quite a severe limitation, given your focus on woocommerce. Can Brands be added? Also, why then does the search using a Brand pull up anything at all?
1/ Please check this topic – https://www.8theme.com/topic/include-brands-in-search-results/
2/ Provide temporary wp-admin access, so we can take a closer look “why”.
Thanks again for getting back to me.
1. May I respectfully suggest that adding XStore Brands to the Xstore Search would be a very desirable new feature request? A customization would be expensive and run the risk of being incompatible with future releases of the theme.
2. Regarding the “why”, after further exploration, we have realized that the Products that show up in the XStore search include the Brand name in the product description. Those that do not, do not. So now we know “why”.
3. For the moment, we are trying to work out a scheme to programmatically add the XStore Brand to the end of the Product description, so we don’t have to edit every one of our thousands of products to get them to show up in a search for their Brand. Could you please provide us with information as to where the Xtore Brand for a given product can be found in the data?
Thanks you for helping us work through this issue.
1) You can submit request here https://www.8theme.com/taskboard/ If it takes votes from other customers then our developers will be able to add it to the queue
3) You can find code to display product brand name here https://www.8theme.com/topic/question-about-developing-a-functionality-with-brands/
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.