See –>Theme version: 8.0.12
Thank you very much for your love, and we will do our best to bring you back to us to make it even stronger. We will ask you a few questions to understand the area in which we have a problem:
1. Do you have the most problems updating the theme or creating a new product?
2. From which version of the theme did you start to feel that something went wrong?
3. Can we know what demos you have with errors and what kind of errors? We have a system that monitors the quality of the installation of the demo and we achieve 92% efficiency, which is much more than 5 years ago was about 70%.
4. Do you have the most problems when editing your site in a customizer or page builder? If it is the customizer, describe what exactly categories of settings don’t work. If it’s a page builder, what exactly the elements do not work.
5. Which builder do you use Elementor or WPB?
Thank you Louis for your time – please give us as much information as possible so that we can make product improvements.
Of course I will take the time to answer you.
1- Updating. You can be sure there will be a bug with the header. Three quarters of the time.
2- I don’t know the version, but since the options to do the header by ourselves. If the basic idea is excellent, its implementation is sometimes difficult.
3- Artmaxi was very painful. But others also like: https://xstore.8theme.com/elementor/demos/organic02/ or https://xstore.8theme.com/elementor/demos/electronics/. In fact, I understand that sometimes it might not be quite the same, but as soon as you want to work on it, it becomes difficult and you have to do a lot of CSS. Which is paradoxical, because in reality, everything should be done without any problem via the theme options, in the backend. We end up doing it manually item by item in CSS.
4- Where I have the most difficulty, and also and especially my clients, is in the theme options. Many of your demos have custom CSS. So it becomes difficult for customers to know who is doing what and where and how to change it. As I said above, this should be done in the theme options. And yes, if we want something specific for a specific element, then we could go with CSS.
Hope it’s help.
Note : As you can see in the usage of my licenses, the majority of my clients requested another theme for their virtual store. I need to listen to them and present them with something easy to manage for them who don’t really know CSS and dont’t have time to mess with that.
I can manage on my own a lot of the time. In the last project, I fixed half of the bugs myself, but I also did some ticket openings with you. And I must admit that it was the drop that broke the camel’s back, as we say in French. My client has a new website, but I know he will have difficulties later. I lost confidence to operate the site smoothly.
And I don’t want to lose a customer for that. Which happened a few times.
Thank you for the reply.
1. How often did you update the theme?
2. Do you plan to use Elementor?
3. So importing a version worked well for you – but when you start working with it you have problems?
4. When your customers will start using the Elementor they will realize that there is no better theme than XStore.
5. Have you seen our new elements for Elementor? You can’t do this with WPB and any other ECommerce theme doesn’t offer this – https://xstore.8theme.com/elementor/demos/minimal-fashion02/design-elements/
6. Can you send a few examples where you had to use the custom CSS? Or provide all your custom CSS code.
1 – At each update. But, some customers maybe don’t each time. So, sometimes they can from version x.x.1 to version x.x.3
2 – Maybe, not in a short time. It would change our working habits as we have been with WPBakery for a long time. But yes, we are looking at it in the long term.
3- When I imported, several times I encountered a problem. And if you want to change even a small detail, it takes on proportions beyond what is acceptable.
4 – I don’t see how it would change the theme management in the theme options if the elements that make a particular template different from another are composed with a lot of custom CSS.
5 – No, I haven’t watched that, I have to admit. I’m not saying I won’t, because I’ve always had great support with you guys. But the fact remains that the management of the theme is complex and which would require, in my opinion and according to 90% of my customers, to be redesigned and facilitated. Is it different if we use Elementor?
6- I don’t have time to go around the sites that are still with Xstore. But with the three or four that remain, I have difficulties. If only to update the theme and plugins. The automatic function in the theme does not work. I have to do everything manually.
Hope this help you.
You see, an example this morning. The client has a mention that the theme is not up to date. However, he updated manually with the archive we gave him. I went to manually update myself. And we have an indication that the theme is not up to date. Note: the customer has changed the name of the directories to reflect the name of his domain. So, instead of the xstore name, it indicated itsdomain. This is a common practice that we do regularly (with xstore but also with other themes, without any problem).
And we get an error if we want to do an automatic update.
But in theme, we have the update installed
Elementor elements have more options to customize than WPBakery elements and it’s easier to customize because Elementor is visual and also has advanced responsive settings.
I have explained the situation with the theme update here https://www.8theme.com/topic/failed-to-update-the-update/
We would not recommend you renaming the parent theme folder if you want to get autoupdates.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.