I am on version 0.0.1. How do I update the theme with the current configuration:
Currently it is set on the child theme and the updated files are different than the current files.
Do I update both files?Theme version: 0.0.1.
I would recommend you to create a staging site (a full copy of live site) and update Royal there. Make sure that everything is ok and only after that update everything on the production site.
As I can see, the version of your parent theme is 2.3, the latest version of Royal is 4.7.3. You need to update the parent theme (follow our documentation – http://www.8theme.com/demo/docs/royal/#installation_upgrade). If you use child theme then child theme files should be updated according to new files.
Setup Wizard should be skipped after the update.
How to update plugins, read here – https://www.8theme.com/faq/
Please note that the latest version of Royal theme is compatible with WooCommerce up to 3.5.x version. New theme version will be released soon and will be compatible with WC 3.6.x.
We can help you with the update, provide us with temporary wp-admin and FTP access to the staging site http://prntscr.com/nadsqw
Help with this would be great. There have been a lot of updates recently with WordPress and plugins so testing and getting it to work on a staging site first would be great.
Thank you for your help.
SFTP access does not work:
Command: open “**********************wpengine.com” 2222
Command: Trust new Hostkey: Once
Command: Pass: ******************************
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Do you have any limits for connections from other countries(any black/white list)?
Another problem I am encountering on both websites is when browsing products, the arrow to change images do not work. It only works on the individual product page, not the grid that shows a category of products.
It’s ok now. Probably that were temporary problems.
We have updated theme and plugins that come bundled with our theme. Check, please.
Some of the third-party plugins that you use generate the notices and use deprecated functions, make sure that all the third-party plugins are up to date.
I am testing the website and I added new notes to what I found.
1) What compatibility issues of the 5.0 version of Royal theme and WP 5.1.1 did you find? Could you explain in more details?
2) I don’t see this problem on the updated site https://gyazo.com/8a96979aea6d5e1d8074e02fb94fc36b
3) Notices that you have caused by third-party plugins http://prntscr.com/ng4ycw Disable them one by one to find out which one causes the issue.
1. I found that almost every time I tried to edit any settings including theme settings in the dashboard, it kicked the user out, forcing me login again to the website. None of the changes I tried to save did not work.
Only when a previous version of WordPress was installed that it started working again.
2. I see it working now and I think it may have something to do with the WordPress version.
3. Is it possible that an included plugin is causing this and needs an update?
Also is it safe to update to Woo Commerce 3.6.2?
I could try disabling plugins and see what happens.
3. I disabled plugins that were not needed and there are still errors.
I found the Master Slider disabled and when I tried to enable it I got errors.
Function create_function() is deprecated shows up with Master Slider. Isn’t it a theme plugin?
Thank you for your continued help.
1. I talked to the webhost and they found a debug mode was on.
I do not know if any of the errors are still valid.
What do I do about the deprecated error on Master Slider?
2. Things seem to be working.
How do I enable the descriptions on the category pages and related products on the product page?
3. I am seeing things displayed improperly on product pages:
1) Login issues is not related to our theme.
You used out of date version or Master slider. Also, I don’t see any slider created with Master Slider. If you don’t use this plugin then disable it, every additional plugin slows down the site.
2) Edit category and add description http://prntscr.com/ngv32z
To enable Related products go to Theme Options > Single Product > Display related products > on.
3) No, we always show the upsells there with that title. Related products are located below the product tabs. If you want to change the title (instead of “Our offers”) use translation files but instead of translation add the necessary text.
I made some of the changes.
Do you see any potential problems on the website now ?
Is it ready to install the theme on the production website?
I don’t see problems. I think yes, you can update theme and all the plugins on the production site.
Don’t forget to import options from the stating to production after teme and plugins update.
Hello. Could you please apply the update to the production site?
We can’t connect to your production SFTP:
Error: Authentication failed.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server
Check the user and pass, please, and provide the correct one.
I tested it. All the information works. It must be set to SFTP though for it to work.
I noticed that sometimes the username and password has extra characters/space added and I had to delete the extra space for it to work.
If it still does not work, then reply with what happened. Thank you.
Check now. Also, would like to inform you that the latest version of Royal theme includes the option to choose the gallery slider position: horizontal (default) or vertical http://prntscr.com/njxj2g
You can manage this from Theme Options >Single Product > Gallery Images.
Thank you for the update.
1. Hovering over/clicking the menus do not allow navigation of the submenus as was possible before.
When temporarily switching themes, the menus pop up instantly so it appears to be a theme issue.
When disabling all plugins other than core and woocommerce, the issue was still there.
Updating wordpress did not affect the issue in any way. The submenus still would not show up.
2. The webhost needed to restore the theme to its last state so an update is needed again.
How can this be fixed?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty