1) After the update to XStore v6, the 8Theme Instagram widget no longer displaying square thumbnails. I have the widget in a prefooter static block, and there should be six large images displayed just above the footer. Now they are not cropped to a square any more.
2) Also, previously I was able to use the hashtag without connecting to an account, but now your Instagram widget is forcing me to connect to an account. I’d prefer not to do this. With just the hashtag, I get the error “To use this element select Instagram user”. Why the change?
RegardsTheme version: v6.0.1
1) We never cropped the Instagram images. Our widget displays the images that uploaded Instagram user, if he used square images you’ll see the square images, if he uploaded portrait or landscape images then you’ll get them.
2) Instagram changed their API and they are blocking all the widgets that do not use the official Instagram API with user token now. We can do nothing and have to update Instagram widget and element according to their requirements.
1) The issue with the thumbnails not showing up as squares disappeared after I posted… not sure how long after. I can only guess that the thumbnails had not properly generated when I added the Instagram username to the 8theme widget.
2) Just to test what you were saying, I created a temporary site with a legacy version of XStore, version 5.6. I ensured that the XStore core that came with 5.6 was installed, 8theme Core Plugin for Xstore v1.3.2. I was right, the 8theme Instagram widget works without a user on this older version, and all is needed is a hashtag. This confirms that it is not Instagram that is blocking the use of hashtags without a username, it is something that has changed with the 8theme Instagram widget in this latest version. I can provide you with login details to the temporary site if you do need proof?
Our technicians will be able to check your question on Monday, due to weekends. Sorry for the delay.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty
Seems you did not register purchase code for XStore WordPress Support Forum to be able to create a topic on this forum.