Trying to install the demo “Banners” for xstore and this demo presents in the setup wizard (see here: https://imgur.com/a/EQJbRPI), which we chose and continued the install but after finished nothing was imported.This demo does not appear in the import demo versions. How do we enable this demo to work or present in import demos?Theme version: xstore
Please make sure you have checked all the server requirements before the installation https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/60-xstore-theme-requirements
XStore > Import demos > Import of the additional pages > http://prntscr.com/m8rl3v or you can use .xml files to import desired pages – https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/34-demo-content
Let us know if you need any further assistance.
I’ve been experiencing similar problems. All server requirements are OK, I tried three clean installs on three different test locations with equally poor results. None of the installed / imported demo sites looks like your demo sites at https://xstore.8theme.com/preview-new/ Many images are missing, layout and font does not match your original demo design, etc. Over the weekend I have tried to import Electron 02, Marseille 02 and Organic 01 demo sites. Screenshots of malfunctioning home page, about us page and cart-check out are in Google Drive folder, here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ObfxFdYwN-Sm35JMwgPX-i5uME6e8pgI?usp=sharing Please advise.
Further to this matter, you probably already know that your URL https://www.8theme.com/download-plugins/ returns 404 error. Therefore, your recommendation to use .xml files to import desired pages – https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/34-demo-content is currently not helpful, unfortunately.
1) If you see the blog page when visiting the home page it means that id of the imported home page of the banners demo was changed (very likely you have already some element on your site with such id) and imported page was not set as the home page by id because of this. Go to Settings > Reading > choose the Home banners page from the list of pages to make it Frontpage http://prntscr.com/ma1bn5
If the auto import does not work for you for any reason you can import demos manually:
a) Download Import files archive from https://www.8theme.com/downloads . Extract it. Find the necessary demo inside.
b) Import version home page (Tools > Import > WordPress > upload dummy.xml that you found in version folder)
c) Import Slider. Revolutions Slider > Import > upload slider.zip archive that you found in version folder
d) Options import. Go to Theme Options > Import/Export > open options.json file using any code editor, copy code from that file and paste the code to options import area http://prntscr.com/ma1e3q
e) Set the newly imported page as the main home page via Settings > Reading.
Let me know if you still need help with this. If yes, then provide me temporary Dashboard access to your site.
Hello, @Mayda C
1) Images are not missing. We just use placeholders for the products, product categories, posts, projects. If you plan to build the website it’s not a problem to upload images for your products, posts instead of the placeholders.
2) Font of the Organic01 demo. We used custom font https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/hk-grotesk and it was not imported but you can easily install it via Theme Options > Typography > Custom font and upload HK Grotesk Regular.
3) About Us page that you provided is not organic about us page, it’s default about us page https://xstore.8theme.com/about-us/ To import organic about us page go to XStore > Import demos > Additional pages import > Choose the Organic about us from the list and import it, add that page to the menu via Appearance > Menus.
If you need help with version import give me temporary access to your Dashboard and we’ll do our best to help you.
Hello @olga Barlow
Maybe I am slowly going crazy, but I still have some issues with this demo. Let’s take Organic 01 as an example, as you have all three screenshots in the shared Google Drive that I’ve posted above.
1. Please compare your homepage at https://xstore.8theme.com/demos/2/organic01/ and screenshot of homepage on my test site, that was created after import of your demo: in the upper green header bar of your demo, there are several items in white letters (currency, order on Monday, etc ….) My green bar on demo site is empty. Your main menu below the green bar shows 7 items, from Demo to Deserts. My main menu shows 6 items, from Home to About Us. Your homepage shows catalog of produce items (vegetables, seafood, etc …). My homepage shows catalog of watch, jackets, beanies and sweatshirts. Your bottom bar of shop homepage, above footer, shows Categories of shop with leading images. My bottom bar of shop shows two marketing teasers – Free worldwide delivery and 24/7 Support Center, but no categories of the Woocommerce Shop. Conclusion: In my opinion – the demo that ‘ve imported is not a demo of homepage of Organic01store, that you advertise.
I had similar problems with your Electron 02 and Marseille demo.
Hello, @Mayda C
1) Top bar import is missing, it’s try. We’ll fix this bug in next theme update. At this moment you can add this info manually (Appearance > Widgets > Left top bar widget area > add the 3 text widgets with content below, Right top bar widget area > add the 8theme Social icons widget)
<i style="margin-right:5px;" class="et-icon et-shopping-basket"></i>Order on Monday until 10:00 am
<i class="et-icon et-calendar" style="margin-right:5px;"></i>Receive on Wednesday from 6:00 to 8:00 pm
<i class="et-icon et-internet" style="margin-right:5px;"></i>Your receiving point: Starbucks
To add the currency and languages switchers you need to use special plugins and we mention that these drop-downs for the demo only http://prntscr.com/mahz90
2. We provide demo main menu common for all versions. As a rule, content of the menu items is not important because every customer creates its own menu depending on the content of his site. To import additional pages of the organic demo go to XStore > Import Demos > and import the pages if you need them http://prntscr.com/mai22o , we don’t import these pages by default to avoid spamming of the users’ sites (that very often already has some users’ content), not all the users need this additional pages, every additional image, post, page, category take place in your DB and server.
3. To get the categories as on our demo go to Products > Categories > create categories with subcategories for products that you plan to sell on your site, also upload your own images for the categories because you can’t use our demo images to sell products of your store, you should buy the license for these images. We have the right to use them as the demo content
only and our customers don’t have the right to use these images on their real sites.
4. If you don’t want to have the marketing blocks on the shop page go to Appearance > Widgets > remove the widget from the After the products widget area.
5. That link does not work because it does not exist anymore after the main site update. The correct link is https://www.8theme.com/downloads and you can find the Downloads on your account page and link to the Downloads page in the drop-down menu of your account http://prntscr.com/mai8qx
6. Don’t forget that we have video tutorials for the XStore theme https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMqMSqDgPNmCCyem_z9l2ZJ1owQUaFCE3
Do you plan to build the real store or just need the total copy of our demo with all the images and texts? Because if users want to build the real store for the client or for themselves they ask how to change one or another thing. But you just need the demo content only. May I ask you why?
P.S. How to change your avatar https://gyazo.com/b67a413e4c1f271c84d507c7f445243f
1) “some of your default demo pages display images inconsitently, accross and over Google Captcha from Contact Form 7” Provide me link to page from our demo where you found Google Captcha (because I don’t remember any XStore contact page with Google Captcha on our demo) and link to page where you have the problem with this to check it.
2) Woocommerce cart page. By default all the pages, not just cart page, come with the sidebar (Main widget area) if it was not disabled in Theme Options > Blog > sidebar position (it manages position not just for blog but for all the pages if you check the option desctiption). If you don’t want to disable sidebar for all the pages you can disable it for some pages only using Page Options https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/45-8theme-page-post-layout-settings-8theme-post-options and choose Sidebar position > Without. Cart, Checkout, My account – are pages that imported by WooCommerce plugin and we disabled sidebar position for these pages in pages options on our Electron demo, that’s why when you imported these pages using WooCommerce plugin on your site you did not import this option but you can change the option anytime either using global Theme Options (if you don’t plan sidebar for other pages) or using page options for the single page.
3) If you found any things that are strange for you feel free to ask me and I’ll guide you how to change or manage them. Also, we’ll fix the problem if you find the bug.
4) If you need exactly the same content as we have on our demo and this is important for you to present the project I can help you with this. Provide me temporary Dashboard access and let me know what demo you prefer and I’ll do my best to help you ASAP.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty