Allow me to come to you following the problem I am encountering. I am asking for your help in understanding what may be going on.
Please note that the site is in production and that it will be difficult for me to leave you in charge of the administration.
Here are the details:
1) The problem lies in the “product categories” widget installed in the sidebar of the shop.
2) The shop has 2 categories.
3) One of these categories has 2 sub-categories
The problematic observation :
1) When you click on a sub-category link in the woocommerce category products widget, the text of the category description is not always displayed.
2) when you click on the second link of the second sub-category, the text (if it was displayed when you first clicked on the first sub-category) of the description does not change even if there is a different one for the second sub-category. In other words, if the text was displayed when visiting the first sub-category, when visiting the second sub-category using the widget link, the text of the description visible remains that of the previous page.
3) if you click on the widget link of the parent category, the text still does not change.
4) when changing from one sub-category to another, the products are sometimes not displayed. The page must be refreshed for everything to come back correctly.
In summary, switching from one category to another or from one sub-category to another does not refresh the content of the respective description.
4) on the other hand, if you “right click” and “open in a new tab”, the description is displayed correctly for each of the sub-categories including the parent category.
1) Almost all plugins have been disabled in order to identify a possible conflict. Nothing to modify the behaviour despite the deactivation of the extensions.
2) The cache has been cleaned.
3) Tests were carried out on different computers with different browsers: idem.
Thank you very much for your attention and help.
Other information to be specified.
Here is a customization of the function.php file of the child theme.
/** Moves the description text to the bottom of the page.*/
remove_action( ‘woocommerce_archive_description’, ‘woocommerce_taxonomy_archive_description’, 10 );
remove_action( ‘woocommerce_archive_description’, ‘woocommerce_product_archive_description’, 10 );
add_action( ‘woocommerce_after_main_content’, ‘woocommerce_taxonomy_archive_description’, 40 );
add_action( ‘woocommerce_after_main_content’, ‘woocommerce_product_archive_description’, 40 );
Problem is related to Ajax filtering. We’ll fix this issue in the next theme update. Till we release new update go to Theme Options > WooCommerce > Shop > shop filters > disable Ajax filters.
Thank you Olga and thank you to the team,
I take note of your answer.
See you soon for your update.
Thank you for your understanding. We’ll do our best to release it soon.
I come back to your last update to inform you that the problem persists with an additional novelty 🙁
– The loading of the page turns to infinity
Can you take a look.
Thank you for your attention.
Provide us with WP Dashboard and FTP access and we’ll check the issue on your site and why our update does not fix the problem for you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.