Our company has a need of multilanguage website. We want our page to be translated to English, Russian and Latvian.
I have already successfully imported Russian translation from your github website using Loco translator, no problems with that.
However when I tried to install Polylang and add Russian as a language, whole page broke down. Homepage was full of texts instead of sliders, pictures etc.
So I have few questions:
1) Polylang is used only for content translation and Loco Translator only for theme translation? Are there any one plugin which would do both things? Particularly interested in free plugins.
2) Are Polylang and Loco Translator when used together are compatible with Xstore theme?
3) Could you suggest which plugin would work the best with Xstore theme
1) Polylang plugin allows you to create multilanguage site and of course translate all that you need to implement that. Loco translate allows you to translate only hardcoded strings (no matter theme, plugin or WP strings), it works with .po, .mo files.
If you are looking for another free plugin to create the multilanguage site you can also try qTranslate plugin.
Good but paid plugin is WPML.
2) These 2 plugins should not conflict and are compatible with XStore theme.
3) Our users use mentioned plugins, so they work with XStore. If you get the broken frontend after the Polylang plugin installation then try to enable the default WP theme and check if you have the same issue. Also, check if everything works fine when Polylang is enabled and Loco is disabled. Let me know about results.