This topic has 16 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago ago by Rose Tyler
can you help me translate xstore theme step by step?
i have read the below
how can i download PO file?
then how can i upload to them? do i need Loco translate plugin or i can do it without the plugin?
1) Download translation file you need here https://www.8theme.com/forums/xstore-wordpress-support-forum/xstore-translation-files-sharing/
2) Upload it using FTP or file manager plugin to wp-content/languages/themes folder
3) Install Loco translate plugin
4) Sync your translation https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/103-translation-files-update
5) Finish translation of missing strings because our translations are partial.
6) Go to Loco translate > Plugins > XStore core > translate core plugin.
how can i download xstore-el_EL.po from github? there is no download button, do i miss something?
Download translations https://prnt.sc/z4cdrf and then choose the one you need inside.
thanks about this.
i was able to download files and upload them to the proper folder.
i followed the instructions but still translation is not working, can you help further?
Our theme is fully translatable. We have already explain you in previous message how to translate your website in your require language. If you facing any specific translation issue let us know which text is not be translated.
1) Provide us with temporary WP Dashboard access to your site. If you translated the theme and XStore core plugin almost all the strings should be translated.
2) To translate titles in the sidebar go to Appearance > Widgets > edit the titles of the Shop sidebar widgets.
i have sent you the credentials in the private area
thanks for your help
What about usename and pass for this https://prnt.sc/z8otk4 ?
Hello, find privately
1) Some translations were marked as Fuzzy https://prnt.sc/z94krc
2) Some translations are just missing
3) You did not create the translation for the XStore core plugin
https://prnt.sc/z94frj I created translation. So, translate the necessary strings, for example https://prnt.sc/z95d63
4) Edit sidebar widgets static block to change content https://prnt.sc/z954os and sidebar widget https://prnt.sc/z959rm
I checked translations and it works if you translate texts.
hello, thanks for your help.
any translation changes will be lost in case of WordPress, theme, plugin update?
All your translations into the database and disables the language files. This means that any changes you make using Translation plugin -> String Translation are saved in the database, and are not going to be overwritten by updates to your theme or plugins.
Note: Any changes you make within translation plugin will not get overwritten by plugin or theme updates since they are stored in the database rather than in your .mo and .po files. Your Theme and plugins localization settings are also set to use String Translation rather than .mo and .po files.
Translation files of the theme should be placed into /wp-content/languages/themes/ folder
plugins, like core plugin on your screenshot, in /wp-content/languages/plugins folder.
Just close this message https://prnt.sc/zlm5n7
WordPress copies translation files back after the update, so you won’t lose them. Anyway always do the backup of your files and DB before WP update.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up