Hello, there have been many updates in the past couple weeks, and they continually are causing new problems, what is going on over there?
The last altered the 8theme blog module and now all of our photos are offset to the right with the featured category floating in negative space. In addition to this, the continue reading buttons no longer function on some of the posts, this is very problematic for us.
The update also has cause our instagram widget to show doubles on multiple posts. We loved your theme but these past updates have been very disappointing.Theme version: Latest Version WooCommerce version: Latest Version
Take our apologies if you faced any inconvenience using our theme!
Our team is working to make XStore faster and better, changelog you can find here – https://xstore.8theme.com/update-history/
Please provide temporary wp-admin and FTP access.
1) We have checked your site and don’t see any issues with the blog images, categories or continue reading buttons https://gyazo.com/46f616a836c5ed04f48937a3b5f90762
2) Do you want to show Instagram feeds by username or hashtag?
The issue lies in the blog module on the homepage, not on the blog pages themselves.
The first featured blog on the homepage ” 5 tips to..” when you click the continue reading button just re-loads the homepage. Same with the third article featured, all of the images are shifted to the right of the badges now rather than overlayed with the category badge.
Instagram is meant to show feed by username.
Looks like the instagram feature has been changed since we last spoke as now there are no longer doubles of posts, but the size formating has changed, before the images were displayed in square formats cropping the image even if it were no longer square but the format is now displaying in a different aspect ratio creating white space under the posts..
Another issue, that has arrised since the last update…
Looks like the breakpoint on the main menu has changed as well, I need it to collapse to mobile sooner as of now its forcing some odd stacking screenshot attached.
I appreciate your help, this last update really caused many issues for our site which we were very content with.
1) You can manage image size that you want to display there in element setting and it’s not related to theme update. Not there was medium size 300px width, that’s why you see the images centered within block width that is much bigger – 555px. I have changes the size of the images there. Check now.
2) I have passed your issue with the continue reading button to our developers. Once they fix the problem I’ll inform you. Don’t change access before this.
3) You have added the hashtag to the Instagram element settings that does not exist, that’s why you got that bug. I have removed the hashtag and it works fine.
4) Menu is fixed. Seems styles of your child theme had less priority than the optimized file of our theme. Check the menu now.
The instagram image fitting is still not correct, the aspect ratio should be square matching the aspect ratio instagram uses. The images are displaying in a rectangle format causing the square posts to have negative space below them. We need the images to all be square in the preview like how they were before this last update.
Instagram widget/element does not crop images and never cropped, it displays images user posted, if you post the vertical images you’ll get them, post the square images at your Instagram and you’ll get clean grid.
I appreciate your help but in this case you are incorrect, or maybe I used the incorrect term by saying cropped. We have another site running your theme that we have not updated yet because of all the issues we have encountered in this lastest version of your theme on the site in question, although it is showing the double posts it is correctly displaying the posts in the square aspect ratio. See attached screenshot.
The problem with blog posts is fixed. Please check.
Could you, please, provide us with access to the mentioned site where the theme was not updates and images of the Instagram are displayed correctly? (wp-admin + FTP access)
Right now we not sure about the reason for the problem with the size, so we need to check it more deeply (compare settings and code on both sites).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty