Thank you for the info, its been helpful. The more we keep working on this theme, things are easier to customize. We do have a few more follow up questions and a issue that needs brought to attention.
1) with the main menu at the top of the screen. How do we make one of these menu options a drop down menu. For example if we wanted to make “contact us” a have drop down menu option.
2 What is the default product image size for the products on there individual product page and for the main homepage, that displays the 6 products, below the slider?
3) You told use that we can change logo in Theme Options > Header > Logo. Which we understand but want do you mean the logo size depends on our design? What we was trying ask is there a standard logo dimension that is used for this theme, if not, What are the maximum logo dimensions, height/width that can be used for this theme layout?
4) The large slider on the homepage. Where can we edit these sliders. For example if we would only want one fix image, instead of the multiple sliders there is now. How would we do this? Where can we edit the slider text that appears over the slider images? What is the slider image dimensions? We need this so when we have custom images created, they will fit properly
5) Issue with the footer color. We asked in a previous message why it was dark background instead of white? We didnt ask you to change it but we just wanted to know why? well someone change it without our permission. Its no big deal but we need to change it back to what it was. We do not know what the color number background code was before it was changed to all white now.Site URL: hidden Theme version: XStore | Responsive Multi-Purpose WooCommerce WordPress Theme WooCommerce version: Version 3.6.5
1) Use the default WP way to create subitems: just drag&drop menu items https://gyazo.com/7e1f9a5e0e9178933d120db3f813c93d
2) Product image size you can set in Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce > Product Images. The size that you should use there depends on product layout you prefer, actually, it’s not recommended to use image size less than image block http://prntscr.com/ocmtp3 to avoid blur images. The same for the shop grid http://prntscr.com/ocmuff
3) You can use any logo size you want. It will be resized according to logo width option, I don’t know if you want a small logo or large logo https://gyazo.com/34c18d5a4a69f2ebb865c1a11d43d657
4) Edit Revolution slider and its slides and slide layers http://prntscr.com/ocn04c
If you did not work with the Revolution slider before watch video tutorials, for example, https://youtu.be/aG-Bi8sPR-I
5) You contacted us because of the problem with demo content installation and provided Dashabord access to help you with home page installation. When you asked about footer bg we thought that you also need to change it, that’s why we have changed it to help you and save your time and described how we did that. Sorry for this if you did not plan to change the bg. As a rule, if the customer asks how to change something he wants to implement this. Sorry, if this is not your case.
1) On the main menu we have a drop down menu for “blog” it drops down which is what we wanted. However, the word “blog” is still clickable. How we make this unclickable. Meaning blog will be listed on our homepage but it doesnt click to a page, but only dropsdown.
2) We only have 6 products on in our inventory. How can we have only those 6 products listed on our homepage? instead of sliders which we have now, where it only lists 3 products, which each of them is duplicated for some reason. We just want each of the 6 products listed on our homepage without the slider effect.
3) We created 6 products. Now the “officialhcgdietstore.dream.press” domain is a temp domain until we completely transfer the content and our real domain over. However, we noticed a big problem here. When we create a product with the product name instead of going to officialhcgdietstore.dream.press/extreme-hcg-30-day-diet/ it goes to https://officialhcgdietstore.dream.press/product/extreme-hcg-30-day-diet/
It has the word product in the URL. Howe can we change these to just the website name/name of the product, again for example officialhcgdietstore.dream.press/extreme-hcg-30-day-diet. This is a big problem because the previous website is with bigcommerce and the url for all the products is the URL/the product name. This has been established for years with SEO work done on each of the 6 products, we do not want to change the URL of the products to have the word products in it, because it will screw with the SEO ranking and sales.
4) Thanks we didnt want it change though. We want the footer text and footer background, this is the section where is the copyright information, to have the same background and same white text as the upper footer section that is black with white text.
1) Use Custom links and empty link http://prntscr.com/od1n9m instead of the page menu item. By the way, it’s not related to theme, it’s base WordPress question. We are theme support and all the questions related to default WP or WooCommerce options are outside the scope of our support.
2) Edit page and edit Products element, choose the Grid display type instead of Slider and don’t forget about other settings that this element has: limit, order type etc. Check them to know what you can apply for the products.
3) Product permalinks are the WordPress and WooCommerce plugin option. Our theme does not have any additional settings for this. So, go to Settings > Permalinks and choose the most suitable for you way to show it. If you need any extra options – contact WooCommerce support to get solution https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/woocommerce/
4) Manage the text color scheme and background using Theme Options (Footer & Copyrights). If you look for some option you can use search by options http://prntscr.com/od1t79 it was created to facilitate user experience.
You have us directions at https://prnt.sc/och5y3, to clear the Copyrights Background Color you said this would give us the default black well its still not working. This is the copyright section of the footer, that you changed to a white background
We didn’t ask you to make the previous change to white but someone here did anyway and now its causing us two days of aggravation for nothing. Also the direction given to us to make the topbar black with white text, directions: To change the styles go to Theme Options> Header > Topbar. To change the content Appearance > Widgets > Left and right Topbar widget areas. We followed these directions, saved the changes and no change was made on the actual site, Is there a bug in our template now? Because lately every-time we go appearer, theme options, nothing changes when we saved the work.
1) I don’t see problem with copyrights color on your site http://prntscr.com/odhrv3 It means that our instructions helped you, right? Maybe the previous problem was related to browser cache (if you use Chrome)? In this case, I would recommend you to use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clear-cache/cppjkneekbjaeellbfkmgnhonkkjfpdn?hl=en And also clear plugin/server cache if you use it.
2) The same situation with the top bar https://gyazo.com/3846ccfbd2ff10ab8b1e9f85e32720e5 Everything is ok once you clear cache.
1) Please see number 2
2) The top bar we was told to get the default black like in the footer menu area, just clear the background color and save. We wanted the top bar to be same background color, and white text as the menu footer. Well again we followed the directions and saved. We also used a different browser to view, which didnt work, We also cleared the brower catche server times and stil the changes do not show up.
2) The default color of the footer is #222222, you can check it using Chrome dev tool or any other you prefer, for example, https://gyazo.com/99f046a2c9681eb0f233adc31e02b513
Top bar default color is white, that’s why reset button won’t help you, you need to set the background color in top bar settings. We have changed the color on your site. Check, please, if this is what you wanted.
Have you worked with WordPress and premium WordPress themes before?
Well I do not know whats going on then, because we wanted both the top bar and the copyright footer, to be the same color black as the menu footer but on our end there both white now! Doesnt matter if we change browers, use different devices to view or clear our browser cache 20 times, both the copyright footer and small top bar is white on our end.
Sorry we didnt answer your question, the only experience we have is making changes in dreamhost, dashboard. unfortunately for us the 8theme customization in dreamhost is a lot different than the template monster theme customization.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty