General site speed depends on many factors. Below you’ll find main of them:
– Server response time. Contact your hosting provider and try to reduce the server response time.
– Plugins. When you have multiple plugins installed and activated on your site, it can slow it down. So, please, keep enabled only those plugins that you really need for the correct functioning of your site and disable all the plugin that you don’t use. The more plugins you use, the slower it will be.
– Caching. The most important part of optimizing your site is caching. Combine cached page with gzip compression to get better results. Try to use W3 Total Cache plugin. Read the beginners guide to setting up W3 Total Cache plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/w3-total-cache-settings/
– Images. Use optimized images only otherwise you will have big images and a slow loading time. Do not upload larger images than what is needed. When you use image editing tool like Photoshop don’t save images without using the option “Save For Web”.
There are different ways on how to compress images https://tinypng.com/
– If you are using Slider revolution – https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/performance-seo/ By default, “Include RevSlider libraries globally” option is enabled, please read this article https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/global-settings/ and disable the option in case you are using sliders only inside page content.
I had done all the things to boost speed but still facing the same issue, Normal WordPress theme is not slow like Xstore. Google page speed showing is 0/100. It is possible to cancel this order. I am not happy with this theme. and When I am editing any page it takes too much time around 10 minutes to open for edit.
See I had made many sites in WordPress with free and paid themes. But this is the first time there are many problems with this theme.