We have what must be the the last following questions on the design before we start adding stock items. It would be greatly appreciated if you can help with the following please:
1. We would like to use the Catalogue template https://www.8theme.com/demo/xstore/shop/?preset=catalog&hover2 for our main shop screen, as you can see the filters are nicely position on the left of the page, could you advise as to how we can upload this template so we can use as our ONLINE SHOPPING page with filters on the left hand side. We need to specifically have filters such as colour and producer, could you advise how this is done please. Can we change the heading of the filter categories too?
2. With our colour filters, is there any way we can add specific colours next to each colour? i.e. a small box with red, white etc. This would be brilliant. We already have the designs for these.
3. Re-ordering of categories seems to work on the categories WP screen but does not work on the live screen. Hope you can advise.
4. We have installed the Woocommerce currency converter, how can we add this to the top right hand side of the upper nav bat, next to MY ACCOUNT? Could we add Newsletter with an envelope icon too?
5. On the Portfolio pages, is it possible to use this layout and just include client testimonials within the box with the client details underneath. We notice when you add a client’s name, the writing is very large, can this be made smaller? We would like to disable any connections to other pages with only the boxes being visible for our visitors to look at, hope this makes sense?
6. For our blog/news page we would like to use the https://www.8theme.com/demo/xstore/hipster/blog/ page, however on the demo sample, the top panel is showing.
7. About page, we would like to add this template to our about page please https://www.8theme.com/demo/xstore/typography-page/about-us/
8. FAQ’s, we would like to add this page for our Frequently asked questions please.
9. Would it be possible to add these pages to our templates in WP.
Hope you can help with these once again. Many thanks. Kind Regards, Su Flo.
1. Those filters are WooCommerce Layer Nav widgets (Appearance > Widgets > Shop sidebar). It displays product attributes (Product > Attributes). So, to get them you need to create attributes with terms and use these attributes when you create the products http://prntscr.com/ginqtj
To change the title of the product categories go to Appearance > Widgets and change the title of the added widget.
2. There is no such option in our theme by default, unfortunately. You can look for additional plugin that allows you to implement this, for example, check https://wordpress.org/plugins/color-filters/ or https://codecanyon.net/item/openswatch-woocommerce-variations-image-swatch/12696014?s_rank=3
3. Have you chosen the custom order in category widget settings http://prntscr.com/ginw0n ?
4. Use Right side top bar widget area to add converter next to My account. To add the icon for the Newsletter go to Theme Options > E-Commerce > Promo Popup > http://prntscr.com/giny5l
5. Could you provide screenshot what you want to implement for better understanding?
6. Do you want to disable top bar for the blog page only?
7., 8., 9. Go to Theme Options > Import/Export > Additional Pages Import and import necessary pages http://prntscr.com/gio0a9 After that you’ll be able to find this page at Pages to change the content.
Thank you for the detailed response, very much appreciated. Thanks.
1 We were under the impression the side filters would be readily be available as per the Xstore demo’s as opposed to having to set them up from scratch. We have tried to add an attribute but are having difficulties so hope you can help. Firstly, you can only add one attribute value in the box. Is there a way in which you can add more than one value in the value box. Second, how can we get these attributes to appear on the shopping cart page? i.e on the left hand side and under the main categories. Also, where can we find WooCommerce Layer Nav widgets (Appearance > Widgets > Shop sidebar. The filter layout for us is probably the most important feature of the shop.
2 Thank you. Excellent. Will take a look at this.
3 The category hierarchy box is ticked and still the categories appear in an A-Z format, hope you can help here.
4 There is no option in the upper top right hand side widget to add the currency convertor, could you please advise.
5 Testimonials page, we shall try something else instead, it’s taking too much time. Could you recommend a nice Xstore page we could use for Testimonials?
6 For the blog page we would like the top panel to be enabled on the page. In the demo, the top panel is missing, could you please advise. We would like to use the Centred layout.
7, 8 and 9 We have managed to upload the themes from the Import/Export Dropdown, however we cannot seem to be able to connect the templates to the pages. For example, if you look at Invest page, we would like to add “Modern Process” as the theme, however we can see it in the “parent” drop down, but there is nothing in the “Template” dropdown. Could you please advise. Will be greatly appreciated.
Alos, another thing we hope you can help with please, we notice the currency of our shopping cart has set to US Dollars. We need this to be set to £ GBP Pound Sterling, could you please advise.
Kind Regards, Su Flo.
1/ How to create product attributes you can read here https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-product-taxonomies/#section-3
WooCommerce Layer Nav widget you can find in Appearance > Widgets http://prntscr.com/gjugyc
3/ Because order by name was chosen in Order by http://prntscr.com/gjuiyz
4/ Drag and drop appropriate widget http://prntscr.com/gjulgo into right top bar widget area.
5/ You can either use Massive addons testimonials elements, here is example what can be done with it http://massive.mpcthemes.net/carousels-products-categories/
Or use our testimonials area http://prntscr.com/gjumzg and then our element to display them on the page http://prntscr.com/gjuo5e
6/ But I can see the top panel on the blog page http://prntscr.com/gjuovf
If you want to change the header type – unfortunately, we don’t have this option.
7, 8 and 9/ We don’t have these pages as templates. You can just import page and replace our content by yours and change the title and slug or duplicate page and edit.
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > http://prntscr.com/gjuqye
Many thanks. Most Grateful.
On 7,8 and 9. Could you specifically advise how and where we can import your pages? We have imported the ones from the list. How can access these pages? How can we connect such pages to our menu items please?
On points 7,8 and 9. Could you specifically advise how and where we can find the imported pages? We have imported the ones from the list. How can access these pages? How can we connect such pages to our menu items please?
Once we know how to start accessing and connecting these pages to our menu items we can move forwards with the project.
“7, 8 and 9 We have managed to upload the themes from the Import/Export Dropdown, however we cannot seem to be able to connect the templates to the pages. For example, if you look at Invest page, we would like to add “Modern Process” as the theme, however we can see it in the “parent” drop down, but there is nothing in the “Template” dropdown. Could you please advise. Will be greatly appreciated.”
Its probably a very simple solution we are unaware of.
Hope you can help.
Kind Regards, Su Flo.
Sorry for the delay.
After import some pages you may go to Pages > find and edit imported page, if you want to use elements from imported page on your own page simply copy content from first one http://prntscr.com/gkm3wb
and puts it in the end of new page http://prntscr.com/gkm4ja then click “BACKEND EDITOR” button and edit elements of the page using Visual Composer http://prntscr.com/gkm51p.
Please try and let me know result.
Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
Hi, I would be interested in knowing how to import pages from other demos. I used to do it the way you describe it in your reply for questions 7, 8,9 but this has change. Could you explain how it is done in the new version of xstore?
Please read this topic – https://www.8theme.com/topic/option-to-install-demo-for-each-page/#post-225835
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.