July 12, 2017 at 2:35 pm #167748
I am trying to edit my static block, Victoria in Visual Composer. But when I try to get to the page where I can do this, the page just keeps loading and loading and gets nowhere.
I have made the memory to the max and I know that I am using a late version of the theme. The only reason why I am doing that is because one of your colleges told me to do so:
“As I see you updated woocommerce plugin to the latest version, but current theme v. 1.7.1 has compatibility issues with woocommerce 3.0.x. Please downgrade woocommerce plugin to the version 2.6.14, you can download it here”…
So how can I fix this problem so I can edit my Static Block “Victoria” in visual composer?
ThanksPrivate Content HiddenJuly 13, 2017 at 8:03 am #167792
Please update theme to the latest version 1.8 and woocommerce to 3.0.7 http://prntscr.com/fv30k3 https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/advanced/ http://prntscr.com/fv31jd, then update Visual Composer and Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer plugins https://www.8theme.com/download-plugins/page/2/
Rose Tyler.July 23, 2017 at 3:19 pm #168590
Hello again and thanks for the answer!
I updated woocommerce to 3.0.7 as you said but I cant find the latest version 1.8 on the Classico child theme. Can you explain better how I install this? I downloaded the theme again from envato but when I entered the zip file in upload plugin in the dashboard i get this message:
The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.
And also I would like to edit how the page looks on my phone and on other tablets. I would like to make pictures bigger etc. How can I do this, is there a good addon for this?
HugoPrivate Content HiddenJuly 27, 2017 at 9:11 am #168841
Sorry for the delay.
Please follow the documentation http://8theme.com/demo/docs/classico/#theme_installation_and_upgrade
Before uploading theme files delete “woocommerce” folder, which is located in wp-content/themes/classico/ to avoid problems with old files.
Don’t forget to create backup of your files and database before starting update process!
You need to enter your purchase code to activate the theme and skip Setup Wizard.
Also, ask your hosting provider support to increase memory_limit value to 64M, also increase values for post_max_size and upload_max_filesize functions to 64M (Classico Theme Requirements in our documentation).
You can use Visual composer responsive options http://prntscr.com/g0vb56
(it’s for Legenda theme but the process is the same).
RegardsJuly 27, 2017 at 1:36 pm #168863
But I am running the CHILD veriosn of the theme. I don’t see how I can update the childversion to 1.8. I did what was said in the documentation and I updated the files via FileZilla.
But I still have theme version 0.0.1
Please be more detaild how I can update the CHILD theme to 1.8 if that is even possible.. And if not how can I make it so that I can edit my Static Blocks with Visual Composer because now it still doesn’t work.
HugoPrivate Content HiddenJuly 27, 2017 at 2:44 pm #168868
You need update your parent theme, not the child. All needed information you can find in our documentation.
Also, you can try this way of theme update: export theme settings in Theme Options > Import/Export > Options > Export Options, then activate default theme (Storefront), rename classico folder via FTP and upload new theme archive in wp-admin > themes or theme folder via FTP (without overwriting), enter your purchase code to activate the theme and skip Setup Wizard, then import your theme options. Check your site, if all is well, you can delete the old theme. Likely, after the update, you need to re-add widgets (Appearance > Widgets).
Don’t forget to create backup of your files and database before starting update process!
To enable Visual Composer editor for static block go to Visual Composer > Role Manager > Post Types > Custom > tick “static blocks”.
RegardsJuly 27, 2017 at 9:33 pm #168884
I tried to do exactly as they did in the video with FileZilla and this is the message I got in the end when I tried to transfer the classico folder:
Response: 421 Timeout – try typing a little faster next time
Error: GnuTLS error -110 in gnutls_record_recv: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Status: Server did not properly shut down TLS connection
Error: Could not read from socket: ECONNABORTED – Connection aborted
Error: Disconnected from server
So what does this mean and how can I fix this.
Do I need to activate the parent theme in order to update the theme?
In that case won’t all the settings I have in the child theme be lost when I change to the other theme?
Maybe you can go in and update it for me, is this possible?
And about Visual composer responsive options, I can only adjust width with what you suggested.
If you look at this image here: https://prnt.sc/g15fbd
Arrow 1. I want to change the size of this image on mobile version, as you can see you can barely even see it at the mobile version..
Arrow 2. I want to make this space smaller, it is way to big.
Arrow 3. I want to make these images to be in a 2collumn, so there is 2 images side by side instead of only just one.
Can you please help me with theese 3 steps to edit the phone outlook?
HugoJuly 28, 2017 at 8:48 am #168899
Seems you updated the theme already http://prntscr.com/g1axzg Is this problem solved?
If you activated another theme and then revert back to your child theme, your settings won’t be lost.
1. I’ve tried to change position of the image on mobile. Please check. But it would be better create this row with 3 images and on mobile these will be one under one.
2. This is your empty space element. You can add this element in separate row and hide it on mobile http://prntscr.com/g1b25o
3. Please use https://vc.wpbakery.com/video-academy/control-responsiveness-visual-composer-wordpress/
RegardsJuly 28, 2017 at 10:53 am #168911
Nope it still doesn’t workd it just loads and loads and never gets to the VC page..
If you can manually go in to my wordpress and fix this problem once and for all you are more then welcome.
I will refer to this image on the text below: https://prnt.sc/g1coaa
I don’t really understand what you mean, I saw what you did but 70% of the image was gone. I just wanted to make the text and the pictures inside the image more visable. But I decided to remove it.
Arrow 1. I want to add much more height to this picture (BILD), probably twice as high.
Arrow 2. Same thing here I want to make this picture much more higher, twice as high aswell.
Arrow 3. I want to add a header like this but only on mobile version, with the text: Free shipping, Free returns.
Arrow 4. This was what happened when I disabeled responsive content elements. And it’s obviosly not what I want. I was each image to be big so you can see it clearely and side by side with another one like Arrow 6.
5. I want my image as you can see in arrow 2 to be like this image. Bigger are much clearer.
6. This is how I want my images to look on the phone.
Thanks for your help so far
HugoJuly 31, 2017 at 9:21 am #169032
Sorry for the delay.
I’ve been working with VC on your page without any problem.
A1-1. http://prntscr.com/g2f5li and http://prntscr.com/g2f3k1
A3. Unfortunately, it requests additional customization.
A4. Is your problem solved? http://prntscr.com/g2f7k9
A5-6. Please provide screenshots.
RegardsJuly 31, 2017 at 12:36 pm #169061
A4-A6. No this is not how I want to to look I want it to look like this picture here:
Like number 6
And no VC still doesn’t work on my static blcok page -> Victoria. When I press it. it just loads and loads and never get anywhere. Please help me fix this !August 1, 2017 at 10:52 am #169156
4. All available responsive options you can find https://vc.wpbakery.com/video-academy/control-responsiveness-visual-composer-wordpress/
5. You can add class http://prntscr.com/g2wehx and write custom css code, for example, http://prntscr.com/g2wf11 or use another image to display it only on mobile.
Please note, that I can give you only main hints, because we provide support for our theme. The same situation with images on the site you will have with default theme. To display content as you want, you need to have appropriate skills.
6. Please try http://prntscr.com/g2wix4
I do not face problem when trying to edit Victoria static block http://prntscr.com/g2wjxo. Please try to use another browser.
RegardsAugust 6, 2017 at 7:59 pm #169525
As I said before I don’t having problem with edit Victoria static block in Backend Editor, Im having trouble editing it in VISUAL COMPOSER. It’s when I try to go into the page with VC that it just keeps on loading even now when I have updated the theme and everything…
So please tell me what to do to fix this problem!
And now another thing. When I go into products and selecting a product I want to edit and the scroll down and click on “Attributes” and then “custom product attribute” it just loads and loads and gets nowhere here either…
So please if you can help me solve this problem aswell, I would appreciate it alot!
HugoLaranzStaffAugust 7, 2017 at 11:39 pm #169581
if that didn’t help, try disable all the plugins except woocommerce, and try activate one by one to find the faulty plugin.
Let us know,
laranz.August 11, 2017 at 1:40 pm #169893
Thank you for your answer, the Attributes now works. But still the Static Block > Victoria > Edit with VC doesn’t work.. And I did just as you told me to do. I only had woocommerce, 8theme post types and WPBakery Visual Composer activated and it just loaded and loaded.
Have any other ideas?
I got another probelm now. When I try to click Proceed to Checkout on my page it takes me to a page that says that “This connection isn’t private” and that an attacker is trying to steal my information from roseandflores.com. Do you know why this happens?
This is how the page looks, sorry it’s in Swedish buy you mighy recognize this kind of page:
And also one more thing. I would like the shoppingcart to show a number for each product added to it. Now when I add something to the cart it’s just the same icon as before. So is it possible to show a number of products in the cart?
HugoAugust 12, 2017 at 5:56 pm #169940
And also I am wondering what’s the difference between using the child theme or parent theme?
What should I use when I launch my ecommerce site?
I also think the site is slow. It takes 3 seconds to load each page. I have bluehost and I have their fastest servers. They said that I had to optimize my site.
Do you have any ideas how to optimize my site to make it faster?
HugoAugust 14, 2017 at 2:00 pm #169998
1. You did not set the google map API and you got the following error in console log http://prntscr.com/g8az32 http://prntscr.com/g8azc1
2. Can’t recreate “This connection isn’t private” problem.
3. Did you make changes in cart files? Please provide me screenshot.
4. A WordPress child theme is a theme that inherits the functionality of the parent theme. With child theme you can make modification or add additional functionality to parent theme. A child theme is the safest and easiest way to modify an existing theme, whether you want to make a few tiny changes or extensive changes. Read more https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
5. I can give you just the main tips to optimize site but every site is individual.
General site speed depends on many factors. Below you’ll find main of them
1) Plugins. When you have multiple plugins installed and activated on your site, it can slow it down. So, please, keep enabled only those plugins that you really need for the correct functioning of your site and disable all the plugin that you don’t use. The more plugins you use, the slower it will be.
2) Caching. The most important part of optimizing your site is caching. Combine cached page with gzip compression to get better results. We recommend using W3 Total Cache. Read the beginners guide to setting up W3 Total Cache plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/w3-total-cache-settings/
Also, a very good plugin is WP Rocket, but it’s paid.
3) Images. Use optimized images only otherwise you will have big images and a slow loading time. Do not upload larger images than what is needed. When you use image editing tool like Photoshop don’t save images without using the option “Save For Web”.
There are different ways on how to compress images. Use special services or WordPress plugins to optimize your images for decreased loading times:
– Ewww Image Optimizer
– Smush Image Compression and Optimization plugin
In case you need professional help with site optimization you may contact wpkraken team because that is outside the scope of our support.
RegardsAugust 14, 2017 at 4:11 pm #170021
1. I’ve now set the google map API and it static block still doesn’t work with VC.
3. https://prnt.sc/g8cvi9 <- thats the changes I’ve made to it that one of your friends helped me with. Before it was invisible so had to fix it. So please help me change so you can see how much you put in the cart. I attached user and password in the Private Content
1. For some reason my site doesn’t work witout WPML, can you help me remove this Plugin without ruining the site. Because I have some pages and products set to swedish I belive so when I remove the plugin the site doesn’t work.
– My producs now doesn’t work. It says:
THIS PRODUCT IS NOW SOLD OUT AND NOT AVAILABLE. or
Sorry, no products matched your selection. Please choose another combination.
Why does it say this when I don’t even manage stocks ??? this starts to get frustrating…Private Content HiddenAugust 15, 2017 at 10:40 am #170085
1. Seems there was some misunderstanding, sorry, frontend editor is disabled for static blocks, because static blocks are not independent elements and play the role of auxiliary elements.
So please use backend editor to edit content of static blocks.
3. I mean changes in php file, not in css.
Also, as I see you use the latest theme version, so please update WC plugin http://prntscr.com/g8o9az
1*. Do you really want to disable WPML plugin and do not plan to use this plugin at all? Did you try to disable this plugin?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Already a member? Sign In
Enter your Username and Password to get started.
Have a good time on our web-site!
Oops, looks like you don’t have access!
Seems you did not register purchase code for Classico WordPress Support Forum to be able to create a topic on this forum.
Please, enter the appropriate Envato purchase code below to create a topic on current forum
Already a member? Sign In
Dogsideup on Changing text on buttons 10 hours, 37 minutes ago
uspdesigns on Upgrade to 4.1.1 Breaks Various Elements 14 hours, 26 minutes ago
Amzy Leel on Upgrade to 4.1.1 Breaks Various Elements 14 hours, 43 minutes ago
irish on Cosplay webshop 20 hours, 3 minutes ago
anu on Google Page SPeed & GT Metrix 20 hours, 57 minutes ago
25 minutes ago
File structure not matching to documentation
1 hour, 50 minutes ago
Theme update to 3.3 – Fatal Error
14 hours, 45 minutes ago
Upgrade to 4.1.1 Breaks Various Elements
14 hours, 26 minutes ago
can not make changes to theme options
18 hours, 30 minutes ago
Complete post infinite scroll down
1 day, 4 hours ago
1 day, 6 hours ago