I recently added the XStore theme to a fresh install of WordPress 5.1.X.. As per usual, the memory limit was too low the first time I tried to install, so when I attempted to upload and run the setup wizard to make a child theme and download all the template media, it crashed.
I fixed this and made sure that I met all the System Requirements.
Everything seemed fine, I could use the admin backend, edit pages, change settings.. however, when viewing the site, I was greeted with nothing but the header.
Both the body and footer appeared to be gone.
I looked at the source and discovered that there was, one, item in the body (no footer however). The one item was the et-loader.
I dove into this and found suggestions:
1) Enabling and saving the preloader option (this made the header disappear as well), then disabling and saving again (this just took me to the same place – only header visable).
2) “Disable Gutenberg Editor” in WPBakery
3) Install “Classic Editor” as another way of overriding Gutenberg to solve the issue.
4) Manually setting “et-loader” to “display: none;”
5) Disabled all of the installed plugins and turned them on, one at a time. I don’t have many plugins (only the ones marked as “required” during the setup wizard for the theme). Since the demo content relies on WPBakery, when I viewed the site, it was just plain code showing on a page. I went through and enabled one plugin at a time, same “plain code on a page” results. I left WPBakery (knowing it was a big factor) for last and ended up with the same results as I had before; infinite preloader, empty body and only header visible.
Is there anything I am missing? Searching for a few days online and a few more hours of testing just left me with a bruise on my forehead and palm.
Appreciate the help, thank you!Site URL: hidden Theme version: 184.108.40.206 (child 1.0) WooCommerce version: 3.6.1
You did not give access to WP installation for our FTP user. Now we can see the only empty directory http://prntscr.com/ng3on1
Please enable WP debug mode https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG to find out what error appears on your site, it will point in the right direction what needs to be fixed.
Also, update the XStore theme to the latest version (5.2) via FTP – https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/63-theme-update
Let us know results and verify the destination folder for FTP user.
I’m not sure why the FTP isn’t working.
I was able to enable debug mode and I was able to see the error on-screen:
“Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_encoding() in /home/royalnpure/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mpc-massive/shortcodes/mpc_row/mpc_row.php on line 295”
It looks like it has something to do with the “Massive Addons for WPBakery Page Builder”. I will test out turning it off and then back on to test results.
Can you try to connect to FTP using the access that you provided by copy/paste? Don’t use your saved connection but try the credentials from our topic.
It looks like your PHP installation doesn’t have mbstring installed and it causes the fatal error – http://prntscr.com/ng806n You need to contact your hosting provider and ask to fix it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty
Seems you did not register purchase code for XStore WordPress Support Forum to be able to create a topic on this forum.