We have a page that shows only the listed category. Yet the filter products by category sidebar shows categories from all categories. Why is this?
Is it possible to only filter products by the category that is actually shown on the page?
The above page only shows products related to the product category “Society Limonta” yet other catagories are also show in the filter list.
Also none of the 8theme widnets seem to work if product related.Site URL: hidden Theme version: 5.1.3
1) The first link that you provided does not work, seems you removed the brand.
Product Categories widget is the default WooCommerce plugin widget, this is not our widget! Product Categories widget displays the list of all the categories http://prntscr.com/lsargq if you chose the option “Only show children of the current category” then it should display subcategories of the current category only. Neither WooCommerce nor XStore has filter by category. If you want to have filter by category you should look for additional filter plugin.
2) I don’t see any widget in the sidebar. What other widget does not work? I have checked the attributes filter widget and it works http://prntscr.com/lsav8q Could you describe in more details your actions to reproduce the issue?
We tried using only brand and then only category driven by the menu string. Both gave us teh same behaviour. What we’re trying to achieve is a shop that only works for a particular category or brand. Then only show the brand or category filter options in the sidebar applicable to those displayed products. Are you saying this is not possible with your theme and plugins?
One thing we feel is a bad customer experience is loads of colour swatches are displayed that are not applicable to the current displayed products. Ideally we need to find a solution to this or not use the filter at all.
1) If you want to show only subcategories of the current category then enable option “Only show children of the current category”, this is default WC option for the categories widget. But keep in mind that this widget is the list of categories, it’s not the filer widget! To show list of categories and filter by category is a little bit different things especially if you want to combinate it with other filter widgets.
2) By default color swatch widget displays all the colors
But this is a good suggestion to show only colors available for the current category. I’ll pass this task to our developers to improve it. They will be able to check on Monday. Provide FTP access to your site to implement it for you once they finish.
1) We have checked “Only show children of the current category””and it still shows non related categories, see: https://prnt.sc/lss13p
2) We do not have FTP on our site, We only use SSH, so please send me the edited files or we can pick it up via a theme update.
1) Is “Show hierarchy” option enabled in widget settings? Disable it and keep enabled option “Only show children of the current category”. Check the category page after that.
2) Ok. Then we’ll include the fix in the update.
There is some delay with the release of the new update.
We’ve sent an archive of the new version of XStore Core plugin (1.1.8), to your registration email. You can update the plugin via FTP https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/37-plugins-update Please check colors in the sidebar for different categories, after the update.
Let us know if all works fine.
1.1.8 version of the plugin will be available for all other our customers after the release of the next theme update.
Oh dear, our email system seemed to spam the email that you sent because it linked to dropbox or google drive. Would you be able to resubmit please?
How far away until the new plugin features are available in the theme release?
Thanks and happy holidays.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty