This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 10 months ago ago by Olga Barlow
Hi 8theme team,
first off, you need to implement some kind of life-time support feature for long-time customers with many licenses, like many other theme authors offer. Especially since you are adding a lot of features over time that make new support queries necessary, since they break existing sites. I know you have to add new features and I appreciate your continuous output and efforts, but if they can’t be made backwards compatible, you kinda force long time users to buy support time for errors you introduce yourself. Not nice…
So, with that out of the way, here are my questions and comments:
1. Your theme introduced an error to the media library, where images where saved into the wrong date folders. Do you have any idea how to fix the mess this resulted in? Is there any script or tool to fix those image paths? We have some customers with more than 10k products, so an automatic fix is very important.
2. You have changed the my-account dashboard. How can we get rid of those changes and revert back to the (much better) way it was? You should always make these kind of cosmetic changes optional, especially if the involve new text blocks that might need to be translated.
3. We would like to make use of the single product builder in order to benefit from the added flexibility, but can’t get the results we had when using the pre-made layouts. We are using the sidebar on the left with all shop categories visible as an accordion. In the pre-made layouts the tabs and the related and cross-sell products were shown full-width under the sidebar. In the single product builder this is not possible as the tabs and related products will only cover the area below the product, wasting a lot of space. I will paste two examples for comparison in the private content area. And no, using the sidebar as a builder element doesn’t help, since the product categories widget is behaving totally different from the categories used in the pre-made layout’s sidebar.
4. There is a big red exclamation mark next to the Xstore menu entry in the backend, when the Support status is expired. This is absolutely not acceptable. There is a valid license installed, but our customers still think something is not right. It is a very deplorable trend for authors to add coloured icons to backend menus or the admin bar and you are at the forefront in that regard. Please think about this and remove those “our message is very important”-icons, to keep the working environment of all of us (the WP dashboard) as clean as possible.
Thanks for your help
1) Unfortunately, we don’t have option to move existing files to new folders.
2) You can disable icons and products from WooCommerce > Settings > Account > XStore “My account” page settings. To translate strings on that page Sync theme translation files https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/103-translation-files-update and translate missing strings.
3) Could you, please, provide us with temporary WP Dashboard access to check the settings of the Single product builder that you use for the sidebar element?
4) I’ll pass your suggestion to our developers. To update support status just click the refresh icon.
1. Seriously, that is your answer? You have fucked up over 20.000 media libraries and all you can say is that? No “sorry”, no “we will look into it”, nothing? This is completely unacceptable!
I bet most of your users haven’t even realized what you have done there and that you are trying to sweep this under the rug..
It is your responsibility to fix the mess you made for your customers.
2. This is not what I have been asking. We want the standard woocommerce my-account page back, not the ugly and useless thing you built there. And why the hell are those options you mentioned hidden in the woocommerce settings at all?
4. I don’t want to update the support status, I want to get rid of the annoying icon
1) We do really sorry that it happened and we fixed it ASAP once found the issue. Anyway, the WordPress system does not allow just to move images to other folders especially if images were uploaded for specific products. We would like to get this back but we don’t have the solution on how to implement this at this moment. Anyway, we did not remove images, it was just uploaded to the wrong month folder it does not affect customers’ frontend in any way.
2) WP Dashboard access is incorrect. Please, provide us with the correct WP Dashboard and FTP access and we’ll get back to the previous layout using child theme.
3) Waiting for correct WP Dashboard access to your site, credentials you provided do not work https://gyazo.com/fb86a3cbf985f65fbf37ed18809d9894
4) Ok, we took it into account. We’ll improve this in the next theme updates.
Sorry for the late reply, I was out of office for a while. Please let us know the country you will be accessing the site from, since we have a protection in place that prevents you from logging in.
The support member who will work on your issue is from Ukraine.
Ok, it should work for him/her now
Oh, while we’re at superficial icons, please also remove the orange exclamation mark that shows up if your system requirements checks are not met. That check is faulty and thus useless anyways (e.g. it won’t recognize max_execution_time = 0 as sufficient).
Still nothing https://gyazo.com/9f6dca5db8fada9f14fea8508dc99cbb
Sorry Olga, I never get E-mails from your forum’s software and keep forgetting about this issue, until I work on that site again. Please try again now, access should work now. Sorry for the hassle…
You can switch between My account page layouts using WooCommerce settings https://prnt.sc/117cmob
Could you, please, let me know if you still need help with the single product builder?
Yes, the single product builder issue is our main problem, the rest of the questions have been solved on our side.
Provide us with FTP access to your site. We need to fix the product categories widget when it’s located in the sidebar single product builder element.
Here you go.
Only FTPS or SFTP (Port 24) is allowed.
You provided FTP to production. Should we enable single product builder on the production site? I thought that we need to make the fix on the dev site and then you’ll move it to production. Maybe it will be better to edit dev first? Then provide FTP access to dev.
Found that we just need to change the hostname. Nevermind. I passed the issue to the developers. I’ll inform you once they fix the categories. We have a lot of requests these days, so take my apologies for the possible delay.
Check now. We made the fix in the XStore core plugin.
Excellent! Thank you very much. So this fix will be added to the core plugin’s next release or should I copy the plugin to all our other installations?
Thanks for your help on this.
You are welcome. Yes, we’ll include the fix to the next update. If you need to fix the problem with the product categories for other installations you have then copy the core plugin.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up