I had a comment in the Envato theme page of XStore regarding the search feature not working properly. Per Olga, one of support, “Search form in the header is not the default WP search because XStore has the search by products, by SKU and these features are not built-in options of the WP.”
If I am using an older verion of the theme with updated WC, how do I update the search feature manually because we made customizations to the theme.
Thank you!WooCommerce version: 3.3.2
As I have told you in comments everything depends on what version of theme and what version of WC plugin you use. Before the 4.16 update we made many improvements for the search option and we won’t be able just to replace the files related to search option because these files may crash other options of old version of theme.
So, create staging website with a full copy of production, create child theme on that new site and move all your changes into child theme. After that update parent theme.
Keep in mind that the latest version of XStore (4.19) works with WC 3.3.1 and higher and does not support WC 3.2.x.
Next time do all the changes in child theme only to be able to update parent theme without additional problems.
Thanks for your reply. I’ve updated the theme to the latest version.
I have some questions:
1. The updated didn’t resolve the search issue. When I search for “journaling bibles” it still display 3 items.
2. How do I add the item price in the cart icon located in the header?
3. The “Add to Cart” text when you hover an item is missing. It only display the cart icon https://www.screencast.com/t/aqqJskwZvsER. The settings is also enabled. https://www.screencast.com/t/VyjMBgQGF3FF
4. How do I change the color of the text in the top left bar? In the text widget, I added font color but doesn’t show. This was working prior to update.
Thank you.Site URL: hidden Theme version: 4.19 WooCommerce version: 3.3.2
1. Search looking for products that have words journaling and bibles in the or description and displays results. So, 3 products that you get once press search is the correct result. But Ajax search shows “no results were found” and this is a bug. Provide me FTP access to fix it.
2. We removed that price in one of the updates. But I’ll be able to add it back if you provide me FTP access
3. Don’t see problem http://prntscr.com/iin5wa
Regarding #3 in the “New Arrivals” section — the Childrens and Devotionals products are still not showing. However, when I click on either Children’s or Devotionals, the products for each section appear. Can you please look into this? Thank you!
Thank you for your help. Can you please clarify: “Search looking for products that have words journaling and bibles in the or description and displays results. So, 3 products that you get once press search is the correct result.”
Does it mean that the search results display if the ‘journaling bibles’ products have the exact keyword in the description only?
Is there an option where tags or categories with ‘journaling bibles’ will show in the search results? Can you please clarify how the Search feature works in your theme?
Search looking through the description and title if it finds the journaling and bibles words there it displays the results. It does not search by category title or tags. If you want to have the search by category title or tags you need to use some third-party search plugins that include this.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty