i enabled variation image gallery,
1. after upload different color variation to their own variation gallery, do i need to upload all variations’ images to product image? or no need image in product gallery?
2. i assume when click color button it will show its variation gallery, then when will product gallery show? is the the default show before click any variation button?
3. i tried upload all and zero image to product image, when click on color variation button, nothing show properly?
4. i set 2 color variance for a product, why facebook shows as 3 variance? how to fix it to show 2 variances?
please help, thank youTheme version: 7.2.11
screenshot of facebook 3 id, how to make it only show 2 not 3 variance? thank you
1) It depends on your wish. If you upload images to variation gallery they appear only if you choose the variation. If you want to show these images in product gallery even if client does not select the variation then you need to upload them also to the product gallery
2) It displays if the user does not choose the variation
3) I passed the issue to our developers.
4) Contact plugin author that you use to add that functionality (I suppose Facebook for WooCommerce plugin author) because it’s not theme built-in option.
P.S. I see that you use png images. They are huge and not optimized https://prnt.sc/1dxki41
1) Replace them with jpg images and optimize using https://tinypng.com/
In another case, your product will loading forever https://prnt.sc/1dxlfz7 – 402MB – OMG.
Let me know when you optimize this product images and we’ll be able to proceed with the gallery test. Because it’s impossible to work with this product normally because of the page size.
i deleted all png photos and re uploaded jpg photos, all size under 2500px
i deleted and re created a product with new jpg images
i checked new created product page, gallery still doesnt work properly for variations
can you please help fix it ASAP, thank you
i created a new product,
uploaded images to variation gallery,
uploaded images to product image (so i can tell what is is in product list on back end)
do not upload images to product gallery
product page only show product image
do not show any image uploaded to variation gallery at all
please help fix this asap! site can not launch without product page show properly!
1) Downgrade WP to version 5.7.2. Theme does not support WP 5.8 at this moment. We are working on new theme update that will support WP 5.8.
2) Ok. I passed the issue to our developers. I’ll inform you once they fix the issue.
Anyway, images that you use on your site (not just for this product) are still very big and the page is too heavy https://prnt.sc/1ee86vs
Try images 1500px width, optimize them using https://tinypng.com/
1. i updated theme to v.8.0.2, does this 8.02 version support wp5.8 now?
2. when will this variation issue be fixed? i cant wait too long to launch my website!
i re uploaded all images to max 1500px width per your advise
please help fix this gallery issue ASAP so i can launch my website, thank you
1) Yes. It supports WP 5.8.
2) They will try to finish tomorrow. Sorry for this delay.
Did you check the image size before uploading the image to your library?
I checked one of the images that you used for that product https://prnt.sc/1gjtt4k – 4.1Mb just one image. You have up to 8 images for every color. So, do you understand the size of your page in this case and the loading time of all these images? Optimize images to 200-300Kb max before uploading them to your Media library. Read this post https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/speed-wordpress-save-images-optimized-web/ it would help you to understand steps of the image optimization.
Also, if you remove images from the Media library, remove them for the variations because in this case, you have a broken list. We’ll try to improve this in the next theme update but now you need to clear the images gallery manually if you remove media.
Check the gallery thumbnails slider now.
per your advice last time, i resized all images to max width 1500 and reuploaded all to media, i deleted all old images in all variations and re selected new sized images for all products
now you advise image has to be max 300kb? and i have to re do everything again?
1. where are all these limit indicated so i know it when i do it first time? so i do not have to spend ton of time to redo images and reupload?
2. do you mean i need to delete images from variation, then delete image from media library?
i just checked gallery on front page and single product page
variation gallery doesnt work at all still?
Read this post https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/speed-wordpress-save-images-optimized-web/ it explains how to save images and how to optimize them.
If I check the product I don’t see problem with the gallery anymore https://gyazo.com/3c9ad19034555687b4555a9be858db9d
But images are so big that they loading too slow.
thank you olga,
i saw your video shows you had to click size to show variation gallery,
i set variation for any size, i thought that would make no need to click size to show variation gallery?
its very confusing, i would never know i need to click size just to see color?
is there anyway, when only need to see color variation gallery, customers only need to click color button? without click any size button?
facebook and instgram shop doesnt show variation photos at all
because no size can be selected there
please help make color variation gallery show when only click color button, no need click size button
is there any way, when only need to see color variation gallery, customers only need to click color button?
By default, WooCommerce requires all the attributes to be selected to show another variation image or variation gallery. There is no way to show the gallery by the click of the color only. YOu may set the default form value to show the gallery once the user visits the product http://i.prntscr.com/BlFqGPo2TnKqJirAAQDitw.png
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.