After updating the theme, the site has become very slow (verified with Google Page speed) and product images are not displayed on Google Crome. there is an error on theme-function.php line 171. Help pleaseTheme version: last
1) General site speed depends on many factors. Below you’ll find main of them
– Plugins. When you have multiple plugins installed and activated on your site, it can slow it down. So, please, keep enabled only those plugins that you really need for the correct functioning of your site and disable all the plugin that you don’t use. The more plugins you use, the slower it will be.
– Caching. The most important part of optimizing your site is caching. Combine cached page with gzip compression to get better results. Try to use W3 Total Cache plugin. Read the beginners guide to setting up W3 Total Cache plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/w3-total-cache-settings/
– Images. Use optimized images only otherwise you will have big images and a slow loading time. Do not upload larger images than what is needed. When you use image editing tool like Photoshop don’t save images without using the option “Save For Web”.
There are different ways on how to compress images. Use special services or WordPress plugins to optimize your images for decreased loading times:
– If you are using Slider revolution – https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/performance-seo/ By default, “Include RevSlider libraries globally” option is enabled, please read this article https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/global-settings/ and disable the option in case you are using sliders only inside page content.
In 5.x theme version, were added Speed Optimization settings (Theme Options). Please read our documentation – https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/39-main-theme-options
2) Please clear cache and check images – http://prntscr.com/lr1evo
3) On which page you get the error message? Please provide a screenshot.
You can use such screenshot maker as Lightshot https://prnt.sc/
1)the problem is that my site after the theme update went from a speed rating of 80% to 10%. I have not installed any plugins or uploaded new images. I have only updated your theme.
Please give me a hand, I renewed the assistance for this. Do not send me back to guides to read.
1) Your site does not have 80 points even with the default WP theme that does not have a lot of options and scripts http://prntscr.com/lsbw70
The same results are with our theme http://prntscr.com/lsbyri
So, not only theme is the reason of the low results.
2) Follow our instructions, please. We recommended you to disable third-party plugins that you don’t use but you did not do that. Every additional plugin (even if you don’t use it!) load their scripts and styles, every additional script and style file slow down the site a little bit.
I found that you kept Subscriptio plugin for the WC subscription, Smart Product plugin to create 360 degrees product, Infinite loading plugin to implement lazy loading for the woocommerce products on the shop page but I assume if you still have not changed the default options to make it work in the right way then you don’t plan to use them. But you load the plugin’s scripts http://prntscr.com/lsbkzu
We suggested you using cache plugin but you also did not do that. I have installed it and the results are better little bit. So, proceed with the next steps.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Seems you did not register purchase code for XStore WordPress Support Forum to be able to create a topic on this forum.