As many users here, I´m having trouble with my site speed (GTMetrix for example).
And yes, I´ve read all the posts about it (https://www.8theme.com/reply/170459/).
The thing is:
– if I want to corret the query string in “Remove query strings from static resources”, I lose some of the fonts.
So, how can I fix both situations without disconfigurig my website?Site URL: hidden Theme version: 188.8.131.52
We’d love to help you optimize your site but that is outside the scope of our support. I can give you just the main tips but every site is individual.
General site speed depends on many factors. Below you’ll find main of them
1) Plugins. When you have multiple plugins installed and activated on your site, it can slow it down. So, please, keep enabled only those plugins that you really need for the correct functioning of your site and disable all the plugin that you don’t use. The more plugins you use, the slower it will be.
2) Caching. The most important part of optimizing your site is caching. Combine cached page with gzip compression to get better results. We recommend using W3 Total Cache. Read the beginners guide to setting up W3 Total Cache plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/w3-total-cache-settings/
Also, a very good plugin is WP Rocket, but it’s paid.
3) Images. Use optimized images only otherwise you will have big images and a slow loading time. Do not upload larger images than what is needed. When you use image editing tool like Photoshop don’t save images without using the option “Save For Web”.
There are different ways on how to compress images. Use special services or WordPress plugins to optimize your images for decreased loading times:
– Ewww Image Optimizer
– Smush Image Compression and Optimization plugin
Sometimes slow speed can be a result of your hosting service. If you have checked the above items and the site is still slow, the most likely it is a server/hosting issue. Contact your host and discuss it with them. Because even with the default WP theme site speed could be slow.
In case you need professional help with site optimization you may contact wpkraken team because that is outside the scope of our support.
Rose, you did not answer my question.
I don´t want your help to optimize my website.
I want your help to fix your theme so it won´t conflict with the optimize recomendations.
Or the theme simply wont fit with optimization settings?
Please explain your problem in details.
2. Do you use Remove Query Strings From Static Resources plugin to fix the problem?
The thing is that usign that code in funcionts.php will expand the main menu. And I really don´t understand why this is happening. The same with minify JS/CSS.
It´s pretty weird.
I´ve tested the code you mentioned before, it wordket at GTMetrix… but the main menu in my website keeps expanded.
I removed the query with a code in functions.php
1) You use multiple plugins at the same time, for the same function (for example remove query strings option is included into W3 total cache plugin, also you have installed separate plugin) + you try to add another code to funcionts.php file, this may cause your problem.
2) If you want to make some changes in the theme, then use a child theme.
3) We would recommend you to update theme and all plugins that come bundled with our theme. Because new version of plugins are also optimized.
4) Also, we would recommend to contact specialists who will help you to optimize your site in the best way. Our support does not include optimization service.
5) Fix the server side before proceed to the next steps http://prntscr.com/h1pmg8 http://prntscr.com/h1pmu3
7) Disable plugins that you don’t use. Every plugin slows down your site if it is enabled.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty
Seems you did not register purchase code for WooPress WordPress Support Forum to be able to create a topic on this forum.