Why is there no footer.php file in the child theme? Adding a script to the parent theme will cause it to be overwritten with the first update that comes along. Also, since this is a purchased theme, why do we not have the ability to edit the footer details? Maybe we do and I just missed it, but I cannot find it anywhere. Also I watched the video tutorial on the footer and I do not have the options to switch between different editors in the static blocks section. Is the video outdated or is this a root cause of the Woopress core plugin not updating? I keep getting the same error: update for plugin available, but when I try and update the plugin, it fails and it doesn’t matter which installation method I use.
The slider revolution slider is also nowhere close to being mobile responsive. I would really have been better off using Astra theme and just purchasing Elementor Pro to build my own theme from scratch. I have done so many times before, but thought this might speed up my development – no way Hose. Won’t be buying anymore of these themes. Waste of money and time. Thought it might be a properly custom coded theme, but nope, just a base loaded with plugins. Can do much better than this with free Astra theme, free Elementor and Woocommerce.
Biggest waste of $59 dollars ever.
PS: WP Bakery sucks. not user friendly by a long shot
1) Read what the child theme is https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/advanced-topics/child-themes/ Default child theme includes only style.css and functions.php. If you need to make some changes in child theme you copy the necessary files from parent theme to child or use functions.php file to add custom functions. To edit the footer use static block feature and Static block widget(Appearance > Widgets > Footer). Enable WPBakery builder to create multi-columns footer content http://8theme.com/demo/docs/woopress/Widgets_and_Static_Blocks/Static_Blocks
2) Go to Plugins > deactivate WooPress core plugin and remove it. Go to Appearance > Install plugins > install WooPress core plugin again to get the updated version. Go to Dashboard > Updates > press force check button to get notification about WooPress theme update and update theme to version 6.0.1.
3) Revolution slider has a lot of options for mobile devices. Just follow plugin documentation if you did not work with Revolution slider before https://www.themepunch.com/slider-revolution/responsive-setup/
4) Every premium theme comes with additional plugins because ThemeForest does not allow to include many things/features, even shortcodes, to the theme and tells that this is plugin territory. That’s why we had to move some functionality plugins.
5) We mentioned in theme description on ThemeForest that the theme comes bundled with WPBakery plugin. So, you knew what you buy. Anyway, if you don’t like the WPBakery you can use Elementor, of course, you won’t have dummy pages that we created using WPBackery but it’s your choice.
Also, we found that you left 1star rating https://themeforest.net/ratings/3033510 and let the comment that this is just base. Our theme is not a base, it has advanced admin module http://prntscr.com/ow71je with a lot of options, maybe you missed that. Our rating is very important for us and we would be grateful if you could change it because we do our best to create a good product and support our clients. Also, you can submit refund request if you think that faced issues are critical for you https://themeforest.net/refund_requests/new
Waiting for your reply.
1. Ok, gotcha on the child theme files. Sorry, never used a “premium” theme before. I used to just use free themes and then create my own child themes. I will create the php files I need for the child theme, no problem.
2. I saw there was a theme update available, removed the plugin again and installed version 1.1.1 . No more issues.
3. The rest of the message was mostly written out of frustration because the previous wordpress core plugin wouldn’t install – even after I clicked on the link you provided, downloaded the plugin, removed the installed plugin and tried re-installing the plugin in all manners one possibly can. It would install perfectly, but kept giving me an alert than a newer version was available. I did convey this message, just to be given the exact same “solution” to the exact same plugin download link.
I will sit down and faf around with the WP-Bakery page builder until I know it as well as I know Elementor – it is new knowledge, same with everything else.
I will change my ratings on themeforest, the updating of the theme went exactly as I am used to and everything on my site is exactly as it was before. I made extensive changes, so I will lose a lot of time if I change the theme and besides that, my trust is restored after the latest update experience.
Ok. We would be grateful if you change the rating and inform us. Do you need any other help with our theme?
How would I go about removing the previous rating? I have left a new rating and review.
Oh, it was replaced by the new one. Thank you very much. Feel free to contact us if you need anything else.
Hi Olga, sorry for being such a pain. I watched the tutorial on creating a footer and I have this problem that when I select Static Blocks -> add new, I do not have the visual editor available in the admin section. Is this normal? I see in the tutorial that it was made when WP Bakery was still known as Visual composer. Has this changed since?
I have created a profile for you to access the admin dashboard if you need to see what I mean.
I do not have access to Role manager on your site – http://prntscr.com/oyp1kd
Please go to WPBakery Page Builder > Role manager > Post types > select Custom > http://prntscr.com/oyp2a6
Read more – https://www.8theme.com/demo/docs/woopress/Plugins/WPBakery_Page_Builder_Settings https://www.8theme.com/demo/docs/woopress/Troubleshooting/How_to_create_Footer
Awesome, thank you!
You are welcome.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty
Seems you did not register purchase code for WooPress WordPress Support Forum to be able to create a topic on this forum.