7. I’m not trying to blame Legenda. I’m sure you feel like there are valid reasons why you give a modified VC instead of a clean unmodified version.
8. Our functionality of VC is obviously crippled by not being able to use banners/background images, etc.
9. is it possible to run Legenda w/o Legenda’s modified, skinned version of VC?
10. IOW, can we run Legenda and pure VC? We can mod whatever php settings, etc. to do this; presuming they can be provided to us and that your theme has not modified VC to such an extent that this becomes impossible for you to suggest doing so.
11. As a final note, we have deactivated all other plugins and tested.
12. Logging into brainstormforce with a CLEAN unmodified version of VC and their plugin we can see how VC background images and banners are supposed to work.
13. Obviously we have no idea, again, if Legenda can function with a clean, unmodified version of VC. We hope so.
14. Thank you, Legenda theme developers and support, for reading this posting. We appreciate your hard work and we look forward to a solution that will hopefully help us, and others down the road, saving us OUR TIME and YOUR TIME.
To use original settings of Visual Composer plugin you need edit the file wp-content/themes/legenda/framework/init.php and comment the code require_once( trailingslashit(ETHEME_CODE_DIR). 'vc.php' ); (line 36).