I have been trying to redesign my footer and encountering issues + also need some help for below;
Have gone through the documentation for footer using static blocks and creating widgetised sidebars, however it doesn’t replicate the way demo appears. I don’t want to replicate the entire demo footer as is except prefooter.
1. Footer Types (out of 3) if selected appears as is but unable to change the layout? How do I go about customising?. I don’t want to retain the same info as demo but maybe have custom menu in 2 columns instead?
2. Footer Background Color and Footer Text Color (Light, Dark, Default) doesn’t appear to make any difference if Static Block using VC is used as it overrides the footer options? How can those be used and how? Documentation doesn’t help.
CUSTOM MENUS IN FOOTER
1. I have created custom menus with 1/4+1/4+1/4+1/4 layout & using static blocks/widgetised footer. The issue here is text decoration is underlined beneath every menu option.
– How to remove the underlines? This also appears is custom menu if used as page sidebars.
– How to change font/colour of titles?
– How to retain background footer colour as in demo without the text being invisible?
2. If I have a prefooter and footer as per documentation, there appears an empty space in between the two which I’m unable to remove. I also used VC empty space with -px but doesn’t work. In demo it appears as a text banner with a link.
– How to remove empty space between footer and prefooter? OR
– How to insert a text banner like demo in between so there is continuity?
SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS
How to include social media icons in footer & top bar as supposed to [share] shortcode which is intended for sharing? Is there a possibility to include social media icons without changing the codes in the [share] shortcode as I require [share] options in other pages.