November 15, 2017 at 5:04 pm #177703
Can you please fix that in the next theme update:
Resources with a “?” in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL for the following resources:
The following cacheable resources have a short freshness lifetime. Specify an expiration at least one week in the future for the following resources:
Then I will get a 100 rating at pingdom with your theme ;)…
THANK YOU!November 16, 2017 at 1:05 am #177734
Can you give me an advice how to I need to set up my images that the resizing issue of my images in google is solved? And the images are still sharp? Please visit the page speed link in hidden content…Private Content HiddenNovember 16, 2017 at 2:52 pm #177811
1) Please check this article or plugin:
2) Please check this article https://makeaweblog.com/how-to-leverage-browser-caching-in-wordpress/
3) You can optimize images using special services
– Ewww Image Optimizer
– Smush Image Compression and Optimization plugin
RegardsNovember 16, 2017 at 3:12 pm #177818
1. that issues are on your end. The two files are from xstore and wprocket do not strip the query strings. Can you please fix that? Only that 2 files.
2. Can you load the font awesome maybe in another way? WP Rocket don’t optimize the font the way you added it.
3. I optimized my images with such a program. That’s not the point. The point is the resizing issue…
Looking forward to hearing from you!November 20, 2017 at 2:52 pm #178073
1) We’ll change it in next theme update.
2) You have asked about https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Raleway%3A700%7COpen+Sans%3A400%7CRaleway%3A500 don’t understand your answer about fontawesome.
3) Unfortunately, WC has only 3 variants of the images – catalog, single product, thumbnails. And we use them for appropriate images in our theme. So, you may go to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display > change catalog images to 300×300 and regenerate thumbnails. Check if it helps.
RegardsNovember 20, 2017 at 5:56 pm #178117
2) Normally WP Rocket optimize the integration of google fonts but with XStore theme it isn’t working… and Google Page Speed dropfs that error…. Can you integrate Google Fonts in a corect way please :)?
3) Ok I will try but I think the images won’t be sharp anymore, exspecially on iPad, because the columns are much bigger in vertical view.
4) I saw you added styling options for buttons. But this will not style the cart or chackout buttons or other woocommerce buttons… (at the moment Im using custom css)
5) The styling options for the navigation doesn’t apply for the fixed header menu! Second is, it is not possible to change the color of the expanding border while hover the primary items. (at the moment Im using custom css)
TobiasNovember 21, 2017 at 4:12 pm #178221
2) Google fonts are integrated in right way. Provide me temporary admin panel and FTP access to check the settings.
4) It styles. We have 3 types of buttons on our site – light (for example http://prntscr.com/hdcwhy), dark (for example http://prntscr.com/hdcwxi), active (for example http://prntscr.com/hdcx3r) and you can style them all via theme options http://prntscr.com/hdcxly
5) We’ll add options for the fixed header and border in next theme update.
RegardsNovember 21, 2017 at 4:21 pm #178224
Thank you Olga for your qualitative answers :). Ok. Now I get it with the styling, big thanks for clarification!!!
Regarding the Google Font issue. I will make a staging Site, so that you can have a look inside it :).November 21, 2017 at 4:56 pm #178235
You are welcome. Reply back once staging site will be ready.
RegardsNovember 22, 2017 at 10:54 am #178293
I sorted it out! The only thing is the 2 query strings, which will you remove with the next updates :).
Regarding the custom css loading in xstore. I think all styles, which the user sets in backend theme options, are loading in the header as inline script. I have two concerns with this:
1. It would be better to not load those styles inline.
2. Perfect would be:
a) that a css file is generated when theme options are saved every time.
b) Instead of overriding default styles it should be replace the default styles, that’s why to generate a “custom css” file every time.
I did a bit investigation and found that article about redux:
To prevent duplicate styles loaded from normal Xstore styles.css and newly generated custom.css, easely remove those styles which can be set in theme options in styles.css…
That’s what we need :)!
What do you think? In my opionion it will give xstore theme a nice boost because it’s not necessary to load duplicate styles anymore!
TobiasNovember 22, 2017 at 2:32 pm #178341
It’s the interesting idea to use the autogenerated file. I think we’ll implement this.
But we won’t delete default styles because if the user did not set header background color, for example, theme should display default color.
RegardsNovember 22, 2017 at 3:47 pm #178360
Hi Olga! Great news :))).
Do you not think it’s possible to store either default or custom values in the newly generated css? Would be awesome… Or it would be no problem to remove it, when there are default values from the start in the options? So there would be no need for duplicate styles…November 23, 2017 at 11:10 am #178437
I can’t answer these questions till we try to implement this.
RegardsDecember 7, 2017 at 11:35 am #179572
Do you have an update for me? Then I can make the css changes in the theme options^^…
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Already a member? Sign In
Enter your Username and Password to get started.
Have a good time on our web-site!
Oops, looks like you don’t have access!
Seems you did not register purchase code for XStore WordPress Support Forum to be able to create a topic on this forum.
Please, enter the appropriate Envato purchase code below to create a topic on current forum
Already a member? Sign In
adwa on Menu design not saving 7 hours, 27 minutes ago
Panasan on Royal theme minor issues 10 hours, 53 minutes ago
Olga Barlow on Top bar with header 14 12 hours, 2 minutes ago
Olga Barlow on Royal theme minor issues 12 hours, 42 minutes ago
Graham on How to fix a text styling error on mobile view 14 hours, 25 minutes ago
Add product categories above product
15 hours, 19 minutes ago
15 hours, 26 minutes ago
Top bar with header 14
by Marta Iraola
12 hours, 2 minutes ago
Change the mobile header
20 hours, 4 minutes ago
16 hours, 53 minutes ago
How edit cart popup banner in xstore beta 5
15 hours, 41 minutes ago
How to edit these two icon and test. Where to edit.
23 hours, 29 minutes ago