Can you please fix that in the next theme update:
Resources with a “?” in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL for the following resources:
The following cacheable resources have a short freshness lifetime. Specify an expiration at least one week in the future for the following resources:
Then I will get a 100 rating at pingdom with your theme ;)…
Can you give me an advice how to I need to set up my images that the resizing issue of my images in google is solved? And the images are still sharp? Please visit the page speed link in hidden content…
1) Please check this article or plugin:
2) Please check this article https://makeaweblog.com/how-to-leverage-browser-caching-in-wordpress/
3) You can optimize images using special services
– Ewww Image Optimizer
– Smush Image Compression and Optimization plugin
1. that issues are on your end. The two files are from xstore and wprocket do not strip the query strings. Can you please fix that? Only that 2 files.
2. Can you load the font awesome maybe in another way? WP Rocket don’t optimize the font the way you added it.
3. I optimized my images with such a program. That’s not the point. The point is the resizing issue…
Looking forward to hearing from you!
1) We’ll change it in next theme update.
2) You have asked about https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Raleway%3A700%7COpen+Sans%3A400%7CRaleway%3A500 don’t understand your answer about fontawesome.
3) Unfortunately, WC has only 3 variants of the images – catalog, single product, thumbnails. And we use them for appropriate images in our theme. So, you may go to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display > change catalog images to 300×300 and regenerate thumbnails. Check if it helps.
2) Normally WP Rocket optimize the integration of google fonts but with XStore theme it isn’t working… and Google Page Speed dropfs that error…. Can you integrate Google Fonts in a corect way please :)?
3) Ok I will try but I think the images won’t be sharp anymore, exspecially on iPad, because the columns are much bigger in vertical view.
4) I saw you added styling options for buttons. But this will not style the cart or chackout buttons or other woocommerce buttons… (at the moment Im using custom css)
5) The styling options for the navigation doesn’t apply for the fixed header menu! Second is, it is not possible to change the color of the expanding border while hover the primary items. (at the moment Im using custom css)
2) Google fonts are integrated in right way. Provide me temporary admin panel and FTP access to check the settings.
4) It styles. We have 3 types of buttons on our site – light (for example http://prntscr.com/hdcwhy), dark (for example http://prntscr.com/hdcwxi), active (for example http://prntscr.com/hdcx3r) and you can style them all via theme options http://prntscr.com/hdcxly
5) We’ll add options for the fixed header and border in next theme update.
Thank you Olga for your qualitative answers :). Ok. Now I get it with the styling, big thanks for clarification!!!
Regarding the Google Font issue. I will make a staging Site, so that you can have a look inside it :).
You are welcome. Reply back once staging site will be ready.
I sorted it out! The only thing is the 2 query strings, which will you remove with the next updates :).
Regarding the custom css loading in xstore. I think all styles, which the user sets in backend theme options, are loading in the header as inline script. I have two concerns with this:
1. It would be better to not load those styles inline.
2. Perfect would be:
a) that a css file is generated when theme options are saved every time.
b) Instead of overriding default styles it should be replace the default styles, that’s why to generate a “custom css” file every time.
I did a bit investigation and found that article about redux:
To prevent duplicate styles loaded from normal Xstore styles.css and newly generated custom.css, easely remove those styles which can be set in theme options in styles.css…
That’s what we need :)!
What do you think? In my opionion it will give xstore theme a nice boost because it’s not necessary to load duplicate styles anymore!
It’s the interesting idea to use the autogenerated file. I think we’ll implement this.
But we won’t delete default styles because if the user did not set header background color, for example, theme should display default color.
Hi Olga! Great news :))).
Do you not think it’s possible to store either default or custom values in the newly generated css? Would be awesome… Or it would be no problem to remove it, when there are default values from the start in the options? So there would be no need for duplicate styles…
I can’t answer these questions till we try to implement this.
Do you have an update for me? Then I can make the css changes in the theme options^^…
I don’t have the positive answer at this moment. Our developers are working on other complicated option and once they finish it they will be able to start with this improvement.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.