Good evening, I have encountered a “strange” operation regarding the pagination of products. It is something recent, since it was working well. I have reviewed the topics on pagination errors in their support forum (https://www.8theme.com/forums/xstore-wordpress-support-forum/) to be able to take one as a guide, but I did not find any reference.
The virtual store will host many products, currently there are more than 1,300 items and configure the loading of products at 16 per page and with pagination values at 16, 32, 48 and infinity. The default order is defined by the most recently added products.
This is the store page: https://perupowersports.pe/tienda/shop
On the product archive pages (Store, Brands, Categories, Tags and Attributes) everything initially loads with the 16 products by default and you can advance in the pagination normally, as well as the operation of the filters in the left column, all that OK, both on desktop and mobile. Likewise, if I change the ordering of the products to any of the 4 available options, the pagination and filtering still apply fine.
The problem occurs when I change the pagination load from 16 to 32, or 48, when I do that, although the list of products is updated to that amount, the lower numbering to advance or go back pages stops working and additionally, the Filters in the left column also stop being applied… How is it solved? Well, changing the ordering of the products to any of the other 4 available options, by doing so, the lower numbering works normally and the filters in the left column also… Another detail is that when changing the default view (grid) to the list, the bottom numbering and filters also stop working… The solution? the same as in the first case, changing the ordering of the products to any of the other 4 available options, with this, the lower numbering and the filters work again.
I am attaching the following screenshots:
The website (https://perupowersports.pe/tienda) is still under development, and I try as much as possible to use the minimum number of plugins, the last one I added was one that I have already used without problems in other projects and allows me to improve and enhance product filtering (PWF – WooCommerce Products Filter). Ruling out possible errors, I deactivated it and the strange pagination operation continued, so I activated it again. The simple codes that I have added to the “functions.php” and “styles.css” of my CHILD THEME are mostly to hide and show elements, customize styles and I have also tried to simplify the use of AJAX (Theme Settings), perhaps in that I touched something accidentally.
If you would like to review any erroneous modifications on my part in the configuration, I will share with you privately my accesses as a WordPress Administrator.
I would be grateful if you could tell me what causes this problem and how to solve it, since it is the only thing that remains to be completed in terms of the functional part of this website.
I will be attentive to your instructions. If you like to enter and review via FTP, tell me and I will give you the access.
PD: It could be the case that you are prevented from entering the WordPress Administration, or by FTP, this is due to access restrictions by country of my Hosting, if so, tell me from which country and IP you connect .Site URL: hidden Theme version: 9.1.14 WooCommerce version: 8.1.1
Hello, Jose Hernan,
Thank you for contacting us and for using XStore.
1/ Please check how the search works when the default WooCommerce theme – Storefront is activated (Appearance > Themes).
2/ Could you, please, unlock the site for Ukraine?
Good morning Rose. thanks for responding promptly.
1) I have another alternative theme that comes by default in WordPress. I would have to install the “Storefront” but later, since other people will add information during the day.
I hope that there are no alterations when changing the subject and performing the tests.
2) Ready, access to the WordPress Administration from Ukraine is now enabled.
FTP access to privately shared IPs is also allowed. I am sending you the FTP account to access the directory (store) of the website.
Thank you, I will be attentive to your observations!
Hello, Jose Hernan,
Good afternoon Rose, what you show me in the screenshot seems correct. I’ll check the FTP thing and see if I can upload the configuration (XML) to share.
I tried changing the theme with “Storefront” and the pagination and views worked normally.
Hello, Jose Hernan,
There is compatibility issues with the filter plugin, specifically a conflict is occurring between the following options, details of which are shown in the screenshots.
We have currently disabled the plugin option and will release a compatibility fix in the near future.
Hi Rose, yes, I suspected something of that. Since yesterday, Monday, I have reviewed and tested it again and the pagination and filtering is working correctly, I have changed the numbering from 16 to 18.
It seems that disabling the plugin’s “AJAX Pagination” option fixed the issue.
In other projects, I left that option by default. I always try to be careful with AJAX as it tends to cause “crossovers” in some themes and plugins.
Thanks Rose for the follow up and solution.
The topic ‘Errors updating pagination and product views’ is closed to new replies.
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.