I am trying to disable-directory-browsing on my wordpress site ghadial,in by adding “Options -Indexes” in the htaccess file but still its not working.
Can you please look and help…is its some setting in theme which overrides…. the changes in htaccessSite URL: hidden Theme version: 6.2 WooCommerce version: 14.2
If you have added “Options -Indexes” in your .htaccess file and it’s not disabling directory browsing, there could be a few reasons why it’s not working.
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. Check if the .htaccess file is working: Make sure that the .htaccess file is located in the root directory of your website and that it is working properly. To test if the .htaccess file is working, add some random text to it and see if it breaks your site. If it does, then the .htaccess file is working correctly.
2. Check file permissions: Make sure that the file permissions on the .htaccess file are set to 644. If the file permissions are set incorrectly, it may not be read by the server.
3. Clear cache: Clear your browser cache and refresh the page to see if the changes take effect.
4. Check for conflicting rules: If you have other rules in your .htaccess file, it’s possible that they are conflicting with the “Options -Indexes” rule. Try removing all other rules and see if the directory browsing is disabled.
5. Check server configuration: If none of the above steps work, it’s possible that the server configuration is overriding the .htaccess file. You may need to contact your hosting provider or server administrator to disable directory browsing.
I hope these steps help you to resolve the issue of disabling directory browsing on your WordPress site.
Thank you for letting us know.
Have a nice day!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.