I am using your theme (and loving it)…along with Essential Grid for our Resources (Blog) area and I believe I have found a conflict.
– The most recent post when clicked on displays the entire Ess. Grid as an overlay.
– This only happens on the Ess. Grid we are using for Resources (Blog) and only for the most recent post (BEST DOG GIFTS 2021).
Steps to Reproduce:
– Either click on this link: https://www.legendarycanine.com/best-dog-gifts-2021/ or click on https://www.legendarycanine.com/resources-to-help-your-dog-thrive/ and then click on the latest post (BEST DOG GIFTS 2021).
– If I disable XStore theme and use the default theme Twenty Twenty Two this problem does not appear.
– I have also cleared caches and the result is the same.
– Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/6a4f9b9fff9794f48b1c132e06ba1e46
– No overlay Ess. Grid displayed.
– Ess. grid is displayed as an overlay
Can you please take a look?Site URL: hidden Theme version: 8.1.6 WooCommerce version: 6.5.1
Info provided in private content area.
You provided access to the empty FTP directory https://prnt.sc/g1_mwmHEE1Nm We need access to your WP installation.
Fix that and provide us with the correct one, please.
Apologies – You should be able to login and hit the right directory now.
FTP works, thanks.
Our theme has such feature as prev/next post navigation that displays post image and post title https://gyazo.com/6238b29b33a27267fd91dbc630b69fb6
(get_next_post() and get_previous_post() which are official WordPress functions https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_next_post/ and https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_previous_post/ )
We checked the plugin code and found that the Essential grid plugin uses the filter to replace the post thumbnail https://prnt.sc/8X1GZSDKDIaK and it causes the issue because their shortcode and filters are loaded everywhere where we want to get that post as the object. Much better it would be for them to make filters only in cases the shortcode was loaded in the page/post content.
So, contact the plugin author because we can’t change that from the theme side but probably plugin author should take a look at this.
So, don’t apply essential grid instead of the post featured images in the post settings https://prnt.sc/T7Tq3BofvRwW
Or disable prev/next post navigation in theme settings.
Thanks – I’ve disabled prev/next for now and submitted the recommendation to Ess Grid.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.