I translated the theme using poedit and set language to German. But I can’t translate the breadcrumbs of the category pages saying “ARCHIVE BY CATEGORY “XXXXX”” into German using the po files. How can I do that? In which php file is this text stored?
JanSite URL: hidden Theme version: 3.03
since updating to v3.3 changing the strings in wp-content/themes/legenda/framework/theme-functions.php results in php error messages:
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at XXXXXX/wp-content/themes/legenda/framework/theme-functions.php:1) in XXXXXX/wp-includes/option.php on line 837
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at XXXXXX/wp-content/themes/legenda/framework/theme-functions.php:1) in XXXXXX/wp-includes/option.php on line 838
Do you have any solution how to translate this string now? It’s not part of legenda.pot or the default.po file.
Very likely you just need to synchronize translation files after update to get new strings.
Try to update your translation .po file as described here http://betterwp.net/wordpress-tips/create-pot-file-using-poedit./ (the section “Updating a .po (and .mo) file”).
Button Sync (Loco Translate plugin) allows you to synchronize your translation file with updated pot file. It means if we made any changes in template files that may affect transaltion or we added new string for the translation and you updated theme you need to synchronize your translation with updated files. Only after synchronization, you’ll be able to translate new strings or strings that were changed. You may lose only strings that were changed.
Also, don’t forget to backup all the files before any update.
I synchrinized the translation files wih the latest .pot file but the mentioned strings still can’t be found. Neither in the latest legenda.pot nor one of the .po .mo translation files.
The earlier solution was to change these strings manually (https://www.8theme.com/topic/archive-by-category-translate/) in the theme-functions.php which results in the mentioned errors.
DO you know any other way how to do this now?
You are right. Please make needed changes in “etheme_breadcrumbs” function of theme-functions.php and provide FTP access in Private Content, so I could check your file and mentioned errors.
We recommend you to make changes in a child theme.
I changed the 2 strings in the “etheme_breadcrumbs” function which resulted in the error i put in the private content field. So switched to the original file again.
I also added ftp credentials in private field.
samuraischwertSite URL: hidden
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty