This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago ago by Rose Tyler
1) In regards to the filters;
Is it possible to change the filters on the shop pages to something similar as on the website in the PCA?
Can we have the options in a closeable window, so customers can choose what to choose from versus having all options open and potentially driving away customers?
2) Also, for a specific product category can we have the page setup a certain way (with or without filters)?
a) the main category does not have filters and just has a broad range of information and clickable links.
b) when you go onto a sub-category you can show the filters as needed.
a) Can we edit the top section where the box (Find Exactly What You Need) is located via Elementor?
b) Can we a section/block with information after the “popular tags” and before the “explore from premium brands” near the bottom? and can this be done via Elementor?
c) How can we change the background color from white to something else?
Thank you for reaching out to us with your queries. We’re more than happy to assist you with your requests regarding the shop page filters and customization options.
1/ Here is an example – https://prnt.sc/-t6nJ7DxcaVe
2/ We did not test such behavior, but you can try to use our new archive builder – https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/191-xstore-products-archive-builder-with-elementor If has Conditions that allow to creation of different layouts for different categories.
3/ a – yes, you can.
b – yes.
both can be done a 2 different ways, depending on if you are using the new Archive Product Builder or not.
c – Background color for all pages on site can be changed via Theme Options > Styling, for Shop page only via page settings – https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/45-8theme-page-post-layout-settings-8theme-post-options , for particular elements or sections on the Shop page via custom CSS code or Elementor.
We hope this information is helpful.
Thanks for your reply.
1) Thank you for that! and if we want to change the “look” of it, can we do it via customization (CSS Code) to make it resemble something like on the PCA website?
2) Thank you for the documentation. And just to ask per your advice, if we just want to add something similar to the theme we provided, we can just add the blocks on-top of the section, via Elementor (above the products and filters to achieve something similar) because it looks like the theme we provided has just made those blocs on Elementor and added them to the specific page.
a) Great! Is there a screenshot you can share on how to do this via Elementor? We are trying to find the link but cannot locate it.
b) Can you let us know where we have to go to edit/or add a block near the bottom of the section (after the last filter – for example “popular tags”)
c) Thanks for the document! So the shop page and other pages, the background color can be changed via Elementor?
2/ Yes, you can.
3/ a) XStore > Theme Options > WooCommerce > Shop > Shop Page Layout > Shop banner content > It contains a static block shortcode, content that can be edited via Dashboard > Static blocks using Elementor.
b) In case you do not use the new Archive Product Builder:
– go to Dashboard > Static blocks > create new block with the desired content, then go to Pages > Shop > select that static block as prefooter – https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/45-8theme-page-post-layout-settings-8theme-post-options
– go to Appearance > Widgets > add content, for example, your static block, into After the products area.
c) Shop page and other pages, the background color can be changed via page settings, for example – https://prnt.sc/_qjJXM0p_nX9 , or via Elementor.
1) Thank you, we will ask this on the customization services panel for this.
2) Thanks for confirming
a) Thanks! Just to confirm we can have a different header section (static block) for each different category?
b) Can we have a custom bottom section, after the “last filter” on the shop page for every different category etc.?
For example; if we have 5 categories, have a different section after the product’s for each category
c) Thank you for the screenshot reference
Thank you for your help
1/ Yes, provide URL of your site, and we will guide you depending on the settings on the site.
2/ Only in case you are using our new Archive page builder, then you will be able to create different templates (with different content) for different categories.
Thanks for your reply.
1) We will do that on the customization services!
2) So if we use the new Archive builder, we will be able to make custom pages for each category/brand as per our requirements?
– Can you provide the documentation for the new archive builder?
* Can you please provide a screenshot in regards to where to add the static blocks for/edit the block on the bottom (after the tags and just above the footer)? And can we have a different bottom section as well for the bottom (for each brand/category)?
Thank you! 🙏🏼
Sorry for the delay in answering.
Please read this article – https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/191-xstore-products-archive-builder-with-elementor
You will be able to set different conditions https://prnt.sc/B4MscYjtC7UF , please do a test on your site right now, the builder is simple to use, so there is no need to wait for our answer here. For example, the template will be shown for 2 categories – https://prnt.sc/zqXI35cZzWI2
We hope this information is helpful.
Thanks for the screenshots and links.
We will follow the document for guidance and test/try somethings out on our websites.
This is a very cool feature, thanks for developing it!
You’re welcome and thank you for understanding.
The issue related to '‘Shop page filters and the way it appears/editing’' has been successfully resolved, and the topic is now closed for further responses