I have a couple of issues that I would like to get fixed on my website, lebench.com, which was designed using the woopress theme.
1. The email that is automatically sent to a customer after they order and pay for a product is always empty. The guy who was customising this theme for me has tried a number of things to get it working, and the email is actually sent, it’s just that it is empty.
2. The theme has been customised, so I am ok to update to the latest version of the theme and update the various plugins without the risk of losing the work done to date?
3. On the homepage, the various icons for search etc appear as strange symbols or else empty. This changes once I go into an internal page and back to homepage again.
Do you provide a service where you can go in and fix / carry out the various tasks that I need done? If so, what is the hourly rate and how do I go about organising this, although I would hope that fixing the content of the auto email sending would be included!
Thanks.Site URL: hidden Theme version: WooPress WooCommerce version: 2.3.9
1. Please provide us with FTP and wp-admin panel credentials.
2. If the modifications were made in child theme then you can update the theme without any worries. If you made changes in the original theme files, then they will be lost after update and you must move all changes to child theme (it’s already included in the theme package (woopress-child))
3. Try to add this code in .htaccess file:
<IfModule mod_headers.c> Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*" </IfModule>
4. We don’t provide support for the modifications that client made himself in the theme files or in the child theme.
We can assist on some queries regarding css styles or minor customization in the templates.
Thanks for your reply – Please see login details in private area below.
With regard to No.’s 2 & 4, was the child theme available in the version that I purchased back in March / April of this year? I do not think the designer used the child theme, which is obviously a bit worrying. Is it a difficult job to get the files moved over to the child theme and do you know of any developer that you would recommend to get this done as obviously it is important for me to be able to update the theme and the plugins.
What is the password for wp-admin panel?
I’ve uploaded “woopress-child” folder to wp-content/themes directory for child theme.
You can activate it in Appearance > Themes and ask your developer to move modifications to child theme.
The same issue persists with default WordPress theme too.
Try to disable all 3rd-party plugins and check emails after that.
Also activate Twenty Fifteen theme and check if email content is shown with it.
Thanks Jack, but I’m a little confused. The auto emails work for the most part, including the ones within the theme such as notifying me of a new order, but the email to the customer doesn’t work. Surely this is theme related and not WordPress related?
Also, was the child theme available or provided with the WooPress theme at the time that I originally purchased the theme, which I think was back in March or April?
Child theme folder was included in the theme package in the first release.
Have you checked emails with Twenty Fifteen theme?
Have you disabled all 3rd-party plugins before checking?
Please do this and let us know the result.
I have sent an email to the person that I am hoping will carry out these tasks for me. As the child theme was available at the beginning but ignored by the person customising the theme, I am reluctant to use their services again. I will get in touch again once this new person has had a chance to review the work.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty
Seems you did not register purchase code for WooPress WordPress Support Forum to be able to create a topic on this forum.