6.2.12 Update crashes my VPS! - by pablostevens

This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 1 months ago ago by Olga Barlow

pablostevens
    Participant
    March 8, 2020 at 20:37

I have an existing site that I upgraded from 6.2.8.1 when I update to 6.2.12 it keeps generating Gigabytes worth of error messages until it fills my entire 60GB disk space.

It’s trying to update wp_options in the database and running out of memory no matter how much I give it. I gave it 1024MB and still crashes server. Even Cpanel and WHM keep generating 500 errors.

Rolled back to 6.2.8.1 and problem goes away.

Switched to Storefront theme, problem goes away.

I should also note I have another installation that started with probably 6.2.10ish and is now running 6.2.12 on a different VPS (similar settings) and running totally fine.

I’m stumped on this one.

I should probably also note, that I tried disabling all plugins except the ones required for x-store and woocommerce and problem still exists.

7 Answers
    John Holden
    Support staff
    March 9, 2020 at 07:04

Hi,

Please send:

– Screenshots of issues
    – FTP info (server, username, password, port)
    – Admin info (wp-admin URL, username, password)

I will check this problem for you.

Regards,
    Hung PD

pablostevens
    Participant
    March 9, 2020 at 14:46

Here’s the access info. Just a reminder, I rolled back to previous version so you won’t see any errors. Also, this is a live site.

Please contact administrator
    for this information.
    John Holden
    Support staff
    March 10, 2020 at 06:43

Hi,

I’m going to update theme, so do the backup of the files and DB before reply back. Or you can create stage site then I can check on it.

Regards,
    Hung PD

pablostevens
    Participant
    March 18, 2020 at 18:04

I’ll create a staging site, but it will take a few days to move it.

Olga Barlow
    Support staff
    March 18, 2020 at 20:12

Hello,

I have updated theme and Core plugin at your site and don’t see errors or notices in your log related to our theme files.

Regards

pablostevens
    Participant
    March 19, 2020 at 15:28

Thank you. I just checked the log, no longer generating errors. I see it’s now on 6.2.13 which is great! Looks like it’s working now without problem. Guess chock this one up to some unexplained glitch.

Olga Barlow
    Support staff
    March 19, 2020 at 16:14

Hello,

Maybe. I’m glad that everything is ok now.

Regards

• Viewing 8 results - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up

We're using our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our website. Keep on browsing to accept our cookie policy.