503 errors / PHP fatal error - by robertsenuk

This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 9 months ago ago by robertsenuk

robertsenuk
    Participant
    April 27, 2020 at 13:01

Hello,

We’ve been getting very intermittent 503 errors and trying desperately to find the cause and therefore are in contact with various plugin developers and the host.

One point we spotted from the plugin error logs is the following related to the XStore theme plugin, which we are using.

[25-Apr-2020 06:41:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/kirstine/public_html/wp-content/plugins/et-core-plugin/app/models/widgets/instagram.php:675
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/kirstine/public_html/wp-content/plugins/et-core-plugin/app/models/widgets/instagram.php(537): ETC\App\Models\Widgets\Instagram->instagram_callback(‘https://api.ins…’, ”)
    #1 /home/kirstine/public_html/wp-content/plugins/et-core-plugin/app/models/widgets/instagram.php(91): ETC\App\Models\Widgets\Instagram->et_get_instagram(‘&count=4’, ”, ”, ‘14502270785.e2b…’, ‘element’, ‘recent_media’)
    #2 /home/kirstine/public_html/wp-includes/widgets.php(1186): ETC\App\Models\Widgets\Instagram->widget(Array, Array)
    #3 /home/kirstine/public_html/wp-content/plugins/et-core-plugin/app/controllers/shortcodes/instagram.php(58): the_widget(‘ETC\\App\\Models\\…’, Array)
    #4 /home/kirstine/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(343): ETC\App\Controllers\Shortcodes\Instagram->instagram_shortcode(Array, ”, ‘instagram’)
    #5 [internal function]: do_s in /home/kirstine/public_html/wp-content/plugins/query-monitor/collectors/php_errors.php on line 82

Is there a way to fix this and could this be a cause of 503 errors?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
    Rob

Please, contact administrator
    for this information.
    11 Answers
    Olga Barlow
    Support staff
    April 27, 2020 at 16:02

Hello,

Provide us with FTP access to your site, please. We need to check the issue in more detail.

Regards

robertsenuk
    Participant
    April 28, 2020 at 12:45

Hello Olga,

Thank – you please see FTP details in private content area.

Thanks
    Rob

Please contact administrator
    for this information.
    Olga Barlow
    Support staff
    April 28, 2020 at 19:43

Hello,

I have updated theme and plugin to latest versions and cleared log file. Let me know if you get the mentioned error again and your actions before this.

Regards

robertsenuk
    Participant
    April 29, 2020 at 12:17

Hi Olga,

Ok thank you for your help – I will keep you posted.

Regards,
    Rob

Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    April 29, 2020 at 12:46

Hello,

You’re welcome!

Regards

robertsenuk
    Participant
    May 4, 2020 at 13:51

Hello,

Just wanted to confirm this PHP fatal error is still appearing in our plugin error logs.

Thanks
    Rob

Olga Barlow
    Support staff
    May 5, 2020 at 15:35

Hello,

I can see that you have the fatal error because of memory limit and caused by third-party plugin that probably requires a lot of PHP memory http://prntscr.com/sbcbbo

Try to increase the memory limit or reduce the number of active plugins.

Regards

robertsenuk
    Participant
    May 13, 2020 at 13:50

Thanks Olga,

Noted regarding Wordfence, however the PHP errors are still coming up for your theme as reported earlier.

Doesn’t seem the errors are happening at the exact time of the downtime but would like to address every possibility to solve this problem.

Thanks
    Rob

Olga Barlow
    Support staff
    May 13, 2020 at 18:00

Hello,

Ok, passed your issue to our developers. I’ll inform you once they find the reason of the problem.

Regards

Olga Barlow
    Support staff
    May 22, 2020 at 16:28

Hello,

Tale my apologies for such a long delay in answering.
    We have made some fixed. Monitor your logs and let me know if everything is fine.

Regards

robertsenuk
    Participant
    June 12, 2020 at 12:56

Hello Olga,

Sorry for the delay.

Just wanted to confirm that I am no longer seeing this come up on our logs so seems to be fixed now.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
    Rob

• Viewing 12 results - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The issue related to '‘503 errors / PHP fatal error’' has been successfully resolved, and the topic is now closed for further responses

We're using our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our website. Keep on browsing to accept our cookie policy.