502 Error on Cart & Checkout Pages - by kw13

This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 3 months ago ago by Eva Kemp

kw13
    Participant
    December 16, 2015 at 17:31

I host my eCommerce site with WP Engine. Recently customers have been complaining of a 502 Error page when they go to the Cart or Checkout pages. This tends to only happen if a customer isn’t logged in. I did some research online and found other users encountering a similar problem caused by caching so WP Engine has set the cart & checkout pages to not be cached. The problem is still happening though and I’m not sure where to turn, our company is losing money because of this. We’ve updated everything to be current (WordPress, Theme, WooCommerce, Plugins). WP Engine support looked at the error logs and found that the last file opened before the 502 error occurs is:

/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/checkout/payment-method.php

This error started happening after upgrading the theme (to the version prior to 2.5.1)

Please, contact administrator
    for this information.
    1 Answer
    Eva Kemp
    Support staff
    December 16, 2015 at 19:56

Hello,

Sorry, but 502 error is related to server configuration, not to the theme.
    Also as you can see the file wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/checkout/payment-method.php is related to Woocommerce plugin.

You have to investigate this issue with your hosting provider or move to another server.

Regards,
    Eva Kemp.

• Viewing 2 results - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up

We're using our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our website. Keep on browsing to accept our cookie policy.