3 issues - by nishamwilliams - on WordPress WooCommerce support

This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 5 months ago ago by Eva Kemp

nishamwilliams
    Participant
    November 20, 2015 at 19:37

Hi,

There are three issues that I need help with:

1. The main image for the responsive slider is not responsive. It changes the buttons and title layers responsively but not the main background image. How do I get that to shrink responsively for cell phone and ipad sizes.

2. The thumbnail images for the products are skewed. They are different widths and heights. Instead of stretching them to match the first product images size, I would like them to keep their aspect ratio and not stretched.

3. There are currently just 4 thumbnails for each product. I would like the option to have 5. How would I change the number of thubnails shown?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Nisha

Please, contact administrator
    for this information.
    7 Answers
    Jack Richardson
    Support staff
    November 20, 2015 at 21:01

Hello,

1. I’ve set Slide Layout to “Auto” in the slider settings.
    Please check it now.

2. Your images should have similar sizes to get them shown correctly. Try to change original dimensions of the images and reupload them.

3. Please take our apologies but there is no such feature in the theme.

Best regards,
    Jack Richardson.

nishamwilliams
    Participant
    November 21, 2015 at 06:28

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your response. I checked the website on my cell phone and the main background layer is still not responsive.

Some images were taken vertically instead of horizontally. That is where the problem is. I am not able to retake the photos right now. Isn’t there a way to set a min-width that is 100% or something like that so it won’t stretch it beyond what the width is?

Can I add code that will allow a 5th photo? Is that possible?

Thanks!

Eva Kemp
    Support staff
    November 24, 2015 at 09:46

Hello,

I’ve changed sizes for slider in the slider settings.

Unfortunately you have to reupload images with similar dimensions.

Please take our apologies but there is no possibility to add the 5th photo to the thumbnails gallery.

Regards,
    Eva Kemp.

nishamwilliams
    Participant
    November 24, 2015 at 19:52

Thank you Eva for fixing the slider for me! Can you tell me where the settings are that you changed so I can do that in future slides?

I was able to stop the height of the images from stretching by changing the height to auto in the zoom.css file from the server.

Thanks!

Eva Kemp
    Support staff
    November 24, 2015 at 20:59

Hello,

You’re welcome.
    Please look at the screenshot where I made changes:
    http://storage9.static.itmages.com/i/15/1124/h_1448395183_3836659_9809149173.png

Regards,
    Eva Kemp.

nishamwilliams
    Participant
    November 24, 2015 at 21:26

Thank you. 🙂 I updated the other sizes based on the size you put in. Basically I took the height and divided it by the new height then took that percentage and divided it by the old width to get the new one. Is that correct?

Under behavior for the buttons, I marked auto-responsive and child elements responsive. Is that the correct thing to do to make sure the buttons also scale down responsively?

Thanks so much!

Eva Kemp
    Support staff
    November 25, 2015 at 10:02

Hello,

Yes, you’re correct.

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Regards,
    Eva Kemp.

• Viewing 8 results - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up

We're using our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our website. Keep on browsing to accept our cookie policy.