3 ERRORS During Xstore Demo Import (Need Help)

This topic has 15 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 5 days ago ago by Andrew Mitchell

Luke
    Participant
    April 4, 2024 at 17:46

Hey, so I have recently purchased Xstore and have tried to install the demo version of “Electronic Mega Market”.

After the installation being successful it has listed me 3 errors:

– pages not installed 🙁
    – media not installed 🙁
    – menu not installed 🙁

I have seen that is says it may be due to server requirements and i have contacted my hosting provider about that incase and opened a ticket, but i have looked a bit online at similar issues and i highly doubt (being on the highest option possible) that it is related to that, nonetheless, i want to cover all basis.

I have seen online that the media does not install? photos etc (which is fine, it would be nice to see them in their spot so i can refer to them as i get familiar with Xstore, but i can figure it out will just take longer)

But the main concern is that the pages and menus are correctly installed, i do not want this to affect the functionality of my template, so I am just asking (as i am new to using Xstore) for some help on what issue im facing here, and if anybody can help me get this solved 🙂

FYI: I made the site a “live site” as i didnt want it to be an added layer of confusion having a background site or anything as i have not used Xstore before..i dont mind having a non-live site if it means i can access more content, i really want to get to understand the template as best as possible?

Kind Regards, Luke.

Files is visible for topic creator and
    support staff only.
    14 Answers
    Tony Rodriguez
    Support staff
    April 5, 2024 at 07:14

Hello, @Luke,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

To the challenges faced during demo content import, we acknowledge the significance of a seamless setup process and apologize for any inconvenience caused. To address the errors encountered—media not installed, options not installed, menu not installed, default_woocommerce_pages not installed, and version_info not installed—please adhere to the following steps:

Confirm that your server aligns with the minimum requirements for our theme, including PHP version compatibility.

1-XStore Theme Requirements: Set PHP version as 8.0 https://imgbb.com/tpL7tV9

https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/60-xstore-theme-requirements

2-Refer to our theme documentation about the Demo Content: https://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/34-demo-content

After that, if the issue still persists, Please provide screenshot or record a video of the problem for a better understanding. Upload it on a filesharing service, for example – https://wetransfer.com/ , and provide us with the URL.

Furthermore, we would appreciate it if you could create temporary wp-admin access and share the details via the private content area. This will allow us to review your settings and better understand the issue at hand.

We kindly recommend that you take a complete backup of your site before proceeding.

We hope this helps. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are here to help.

Best Regards,
    8Theme’s Team

Luke
    Participant
    April 5, 2024 at 17:04

Hey, i have tried the above steps, and my hosting provider actually asked me to do a re-install & they also adjusted the php settings for xstore. I have set the php to 8.0 (it was at 8.2 something).

Now it is also giving me an error saying xstore does not recognise my API now etc, I also installed the regenerate thumbnails plugin and it keeps auto-uninstalling so i cannot access it.

Im going to need somebody to go in. I will leave the WP login details in the private content area, i just want the demo setup completely functional (preferably with media) if i could get some more help with this it would be greatly appreciated!

thankyou!

Please contact administrator
    for this information.
    Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    April 7, 2024 at 08:05

Hello,

We appreciate your prompt response.

Could you please provide FTP access?

For FTP access, we require the following details: FTP host, FTP username, FTP password, FTP port, and FTP encryption type. If you need assistance in creating these credentials, please reach out to your hosting provider who will guide you through the process.

Best Regards,
    8Theme’s Team

Luke
    Participant
    April 7, 2024 at 09:41

Hey Rose, no issues, I will provide it now in the private content area, i have made you an account.

for this information.
    Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    April 7, 2024 at 09:50

Hello, Luke,

We have noticed that the FTP directory appears to be empty as shown in the screenshot: https://prnt.sc/szK2e-yWF-n3 . To proceed further, we kindly ask you to verify the destination folder of our user. If everything seems to be in order on your end, we recommend reaching out to your hosting provider for assistance. It is essential for us to have access to your WordPress installation to continue with our support.

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

Luke
    Participant
    April 7, 2024 at 09:56

Sorry, forgot to change your directory, issue should be fixed now, please try again with same credentials and let me know 🙂

Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    April 7, 2024 at 14:37

Hello, Luke,

Whope this message finds you well. We have identified an issue with the server, specifically concerning its performance speed, or it may be that the server is located at a considerable distance.

The error encountered is as follows:

object(WP_Error)#4851 (3) { [“errors”]=> array(1) { [“http_request_failed”]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(84) “cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 2000 milliseconds with 16284 bytes received” } } [“error_data”]=> array(0) { } [“additional_data”:protected]=> array(0) { } }

We have contemplated two potential solutions to address this issue:

1) We can implement a custom solution in the theme and increase the limit to facilitate the demo installation. However, this may lead to subsequent issues such as login failures, Instagram integration, AI functionality, and compatibility with third-party plugins, as they may also exceed the new limit.

2) Alternatively, the server configuration itself can be addressed to resolve the underlying issue.
    Contact your hosting provider and you will get help with this.

For further reading and a more comprehensive understanding of the error, you may find the following resources helpful:
    https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/curl-error-28/
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-curl-error-28-connection-timed-out-after-x-milliseconds/

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

Luke
    Participant
    April 7, 2024 at 16:27

Hey Rose, I have contacted my hosting company and forwarded them the exact error & message from you guys. They are quite speedy at replying so I will expect a reply over the next 3-5 hours and I will be able to know more from that point onwards, are we able to keep this support thread open as I go through things with them, and once i have things sorted with them re-reply to this thread and get the continued support to resolve this issue? I appreciate your patience & understanding

Regards, Luke.

Luke
    Participant
    April 7, 2024 at 20:48

Hey Rose, I have spoken to the hosting provider, given them an exact layout of what is trying to be done, along with your message & the articles and links you supplied to me, and they checked everything in real-time as they tried it, this is the message they sent me originally:

“The CURL 28 error message occurs from WordPress plugin/theme conflicts, out-of-date WordPress files or potentially a modsec rule triggering.

To assess the situation further, could you kindly provide us with WordPress login details as well as steps in replicating it? I ask this, as we can trigger the issue while checking the logs in realtime.”

Then i responded and gave them links to everything you gave me, step by step of what i was trying to do etc and they replied with this just now:

“Hi Luke,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not see any reason why this would not be working on our end.

Looking over the server logs, I have not seen any security rules being hit or outgoing connections being blocked.

Unfortunately, the guides provided by their support team are general support articles.

Would you be able to ask the XStore team what IP addresses they use for their API? As I was not able to find this online.

With that, we can see if we can find anything else.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues so we can assist you further.”

They were not able to find anything on their side at all, and asked what IP you use for your API.

This is starting to look dim, please let me know ASAP how we can get this resolved.

Regards, Luke

Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    April 8, 2024 at 07:57

Hello, Luke,

We appreciate your prompt response.

Please contact your hosting provider and ask them if they block outgoing/ingoing connections to our server, IP – 136.243.62.54

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

Luke
    Participant
    April 8, 2024 at 22:45

Hey Rose, it looks like it may be the server distance? This is the response they gave me:

“Hey there Luke.

Thank you for your response.

For this one here, I have looked over this and it looks like there are no connections coming in from this IP address range at all, there isn’t any entries in our Apache logs either for the web server so there shouldn’t be anything further that is blocking this connection to their server.

I have checked the hardware and software firewall and there are no blocks on our end.

The IP range looks to be from Berlin, so there is quite a distance from our servers and their endpoint so that could be what is causing the delay but that’s all we can really see on our end.

I would suggest to go back to them and see if there is anything else they would like us to try or see if there’s any other alternatives that they can relay.

Let us know if you have any issues or questions as we are happy to help.”

Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    April 9, 2024 at 10:29

Hello, Luke,

We are pleased to inform you that we have successfully updated the core plugin and installed the demo without encountering any errors. You can view the screenshot of the successful installation in the Private Content.

It appears that the server is indeed located at a significant distance, which may have contributed to the initial issues. To address this, we have implemented the following code in the active child theme’s functions.php file located at wp-content/themes/xstore-child/functions.php:

function etheme_increase_http_request_timeout( $r, $url ) {
        $r['timeout'] = 500; // Increase timeout to 500 seconds
        return $r;
    }
    add_filter( 'http_request_args', 'etheme_increase_http_request_timeout', 10, 2 );

This modification is intended to increase the HTTP request timeout to 500 seconds, ensuring that the demo functions correctly.

Additionally, this adjustment will also benefit third-party products (such as Facebook, Instagram, AI services, etc.). Should you wish to remove this modification in the future, you are free to do so.

If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
    The 8Theme Team

for this information.
    Luke
    Participant
    April 9, 2024 at 13:40

Thankyou very much for the support! Everything working perfectly.

Kind Regards, Luke.

Andrew Mitchell
    Support staff
    April 9, 2024 at 13:40

Dear Luke,

In the spirit of gratitude, we want to express our appreciation for your trust in our products. As a valued customer, your experience matters greatly. Would you consider sharing it by giving our theme a deserving 5-star rating on ThemeForest?

Click here to share your thoughts: https://themeforest.net/downloads

Being part of our community means a lot, and your feedback contributes immensely.

Best Regards,
    The 8Theme Team

• Viewing 15 results - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The issue related to '‘3 ERRORS During Xstore Demo Import (Need Help)’' has been successfully resolved, and the topic is now closed for further responses

We're using our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our website. Keep on browsing to accept our cookie policy.