2 Quick Questions: Move cart icon and remove checkout sidebar

This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago ago by Olga Barlow

BrandonChance
    Participant
    March 30, 2017 at 17:43

I like the header layout “Variant xstore” but want to move the search icon, cart icon, and cart total to the top bar (currently sits beside the nav). Which file should I be looking in to move these? I checked header.php and cart.php

And which file has the sidebar if statement for the checkout process.

Area that I'm talking about

3 Answers
    BrandonChance
    Participant
    March 30, 2017 at 22:06

Sorry :/ I feel silly… I don’t know why, but I didn’t think “Checkout” was going to be in pages; it’s been a really long week!

Still need help with moving the search icon, cart icon, and cart total though.

Thanks,
    Brandon

BrandonChance
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 02:11

Nevermind, I found the file I needed to edit.

For anyone else who wants to do this, I took themes > xstore > headers > xstore.php (the header variant I selected)and edited a copy and put it into themes > xstore-child > headers

Olga Barlow
    Support staff
    March 31, 2017 at 10:26

Hello,

Yes, you are right about the header editing process. You should copy appropriate header structure into child theme folder and change.

If you want to disable sidebar for any page, including the checkout, go to Pages > edit Checkout page > scroll down to the 8theme Layout Options section and choose sidebar position > Without http://xstore.helpscoutdocs.com/article/45-8theme-page-post-layout-settings-8theme-post-options
    Make sure that Custom Meta Blocks plugin (CMB2) is enabled, in other case you won’t get these options.

Regards

• Viewing 4 results - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up

We're using our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our website. Keep on browsing to accept our cookie policy.