1) Shop Sidebar ajax price filter doesn’t work. 2) How to multiple category selection.

This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months, 1 weeks ago ago by Andrew Mitchell

Cem U
    Participant
    January 15, 2024 at 07:03

1) This happened to me the second time. I’ve installed fresh new wordpress and installed the theme and imported demo data. No other 3rd party plugin is active. I’ve entered two new products as sample. Main shop page price filter works after clicking the “Filter” button. It sends the parameters to the address bar (xyz.com/index.php/shop/?product_cat=&min_price=459&max_price=1299&filter_color=&query_type_color=and&rating_filter=)

But shop sidebar price filter doesn’t work. Sidebar price filter doesn’t send its filter parameters to the address bar (xyz.com/index.php/shop/)

But sidebar category filter send its parameters to the address bar. (xyz.com/index.php/product-category/smart-gadgets/)

Widgets are as it is installed with demo data. No changes are made.

I know you will fix the issue entering the site remotely. But I want to know how to fix this. Because apparently I will have the same problem when I install the original domain or another attempt for reinstalling the test site.

2) Is there any way to make category selection with check box? I want to make a multiple category selection for the products in the shop page.

Thanks

Please, contact administrator
    for this information.
    3 Answers
    Tony Rodriguez
    Support staff
    January 15, 2024 at 11:23

Hello, @Cem U,

Thank you for contacting us and for using XStore.

1.Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and we appreciate your patience. After thoroughly investigating the matter, we’ve identified the root cause of the price filter not working on the shop sidebar.

The shop sidebar utilizes AJAX functionality, which prevents the filter parameters from being reflected in the address bar. In contrast, the main shop page employs a different mechanism that updates the URL upon applying filters.

To address this concern, we have disabled the AJAX-related options in XStore >> Theme options >> Shop Filters. This modification ensures that the shop sidebar filters now work seamlessly without AJAX, allowing the URL to reflect the selected filter parameters.

For a step-by-step guide on resolving this issue, please refer to the image at the following link:https://imgur.com/a/vrkYNoq

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. If you have any further questions or encounter additional issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

2. Should you desire to feature categories accompanied by a checkbox option, we suggest utilizing the ‘Filter Product by Categories’ widget available in XStore, as opposed to the standard ‘Product Categories’ widget. This particular widget offers the capability to present categories with checkboxes, thereby enhancing user interaction and functionality. For an illustrative guide, you may view the image at the link below:
    https://imgur.com/a/6sV9HLx

Kind Regards,
    8theme team

Cem U
    Participant
    January 15, 2024 at 18:30

Hi Tony,
    Thank you so much. This really helped me to move forwards.
    All the best.
    Cem

Andrew Mitchell
    Support staff
    January 15, 2024 at 18:30

Dear Cem U,

As we continue our mission to exceed expectations, your insights become increasingly valuable. Could we, with all due respect, request your thoughtful feedback by giving our theme a deserved 5-star rating on ThemeForest?

Click here to share your valuable perspective: https://themeforest.net/downloads

Your time and trust are highly appreciated!

Best Regards,
    The 8Theme Team

• Viewing 4 results - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The issue related to '‘1) Shop Sidebar ajax price filter doesn’t work. 2) How to multiple category selection.’' has been successfully resolved, and the topic is now closed for further responses

We're using our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our website. Keep on browsing to accept our cookie policy.