1.8 breaks everything – very angry – DO NOT UPDATE

This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago ago by Rose Tyler

lionelkw
    Participant
    May 27, 2017 at 12:05

So I trusted 8theme and installed 1.8 on my website. What a mistake! My child theme just crashes the website. Furthermore, all customisations are lost.

No warnings of any sort warning the customer about any incompatibilities! This is just unbelievably unprofessional.

I’m glad I’m on a Mac and can dig up 1.7.1 thanks to Time Machine to revert the website in its previous state. But I’m done with 8theme. Next major website overhaul will be using a different manufacturer.

1 Answer
    Rose Tyler
    Support staff
    May 29, 2017 at 10:37

Hello,

Sorry for inconveniences.

Please note that was big woocommerce update, so many elements in the plugin and our theme functionality were changed. So you need to edit your changes in the child theme to proper work with new versions.

Don’t forget to create backup of your files and database before starting update process.

Regards,
    Rose Tyler.

• Viewing 2 results - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up

We're using our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our website. Keep on browsing to accept our cookie policy.