Just updated the theme from v4.28.1 to v5.0.b on an offline site for testing purposes. I also updated the XStore Core plugin that came with the download. I noticed the following problems with the site after the update and after clearing the browser and CDN cache:-
1) The top and bottom padding for breadcrumbs no longer had an effect. The padding after the update appeared a lot thinner, despite the setting being the same. I had these settings:
Breadcrumbs padding: Top: 3.14em, Bottom 3.14em. sides left as default.
2) In the Top Bar area, on the right-hand side, I had social icons which were separated with line separators. These separators disappeared and the icons appeared smaller in size.
3) On the left-hand side of the Top bar, I have two widget: the “WooCommerce Currency Switcher” and GTranslate. For both, I use a simple drop-down menu. These now appear different with a 1px border around them. I have noticed when inspecting the code behind it that this has caused the change:
4) When I click on the Main menu to select a page, I used to see the current Menu item underlined to show its active. This no longer works.
5) On the Blog page, I only have one news item. The footer (created with a Static Block) overlaps the bottom of the sidebar on the Blog page. I think this error actually happened before anyway, but worth pointing out.
The whole site functions, but just looks different in many places. Upgrading seems to have lost many styling options, even though, like the Breadcrumbs Paddings – which are set – do not work.
I do not recommend others upgrading until all the problems are fixed. I have seen support suggest that v5.0 beta is stable and advising people to update already. I do not agree.
1) We don’t have this issue. Can you provide us temporary access to your Dashboard to check and find the reason of the problem?
2) We made a lot of CSS changes and made many elements more simple in version 5.0, so if you prefer the old styles for some elements it’s possible to get them back by additional CSS customization. We can do it for you once you provide access to Dashboard.
4) Unfortunately, this underline was also removed. But we’ll pass your request to add it back. Maybe the official release of 5.0 version will have the option to add that.
5) Do you have fixed footer option enabled? Either disable it or set bg color for the container (Theme Options > Styling > Container Background Color)
Many things were re-styled if you check the updated demo https://xstore.8theme.com/ , styles were improved to make the user experience for the clients’ customers better and handier.