I have two problems with translation of the theme.
1. I used po and mo files for Polish translation you deliver on github. I put it in wp-content/languages/themes.
Somehow some phrases are still in English (for example “Shopping cart” and “Subtotal” in minicart or Shopping cart / Zapłać / Order status – only “Zapłać” is in Polish, “Enter your promotional code” in the cart etc.)
Could you please tell me how to solve it?
2. I also have a problem with a correct translation of numbers in Polish there is only one phrase for plural, for example “% Comments” while we need it different for numbers 2-4 and 5-9 in Polish (we say 2 komentarze, 3 komentarze, 4 komentarze BUT 5 komentarzy, 6 komentarzy etc.)
Is there a way to fix it anyhow?
Thank you.Site URL: hidden Theme version: 5.2 WooCommerce version: 3.5.7
You should use ‘Loco Translate’ plugin to translate.
Which question is your answer related to?
I think I know how to translate themes or plugins, I did it many times with many themes (YITH themes, Woodmart, Edumodo, Shipisle Pro, Zerif Pro…) with success.
Normally I use POedit. I translate all the frontend phrases there and then copy po and mo files where they should be copied. Somehow now it does not work, I think, and that is why I posted here (as you can probably see, I do not use support very often).
How does using Loco Translate change anything? I really wouldn’t like to use a plugin when it is not absolutely necesary (I try to avoid plugins that can be avoided).
1) Likely you just need to synchronize translation files.
Please read this topic – https://www.8theme.com/topic/help-with-one-string-translation/
2) I’ve sent your request about “comments” to our developers. They will check if it can be solved in one of next updates for the theme. As a temporary solution, you can change wording/paraphrase the mentioned line.
1. I tried, unfortunately it didn’t help 🙁
2. Thank you 🙂 And “comments” were just an example – the problem is with every plural noun which we usually have different for 2-4 and for 5-9 in Polish (2 reviews = 2 opinie but 5 reviews = 5 opinii; 2 products = 2 produkty but 7 products = 7 produktów).
This is how it is solved in different themes:
2) We’ll fix the bug for the “comments” string in next theme update. If you found more strings with this problem in our theme let me know.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.Log in/Sign up
One standard license is valid only for 1 project. Running multiple projects on a single license is a copyright violation.
The message was successfully sent
Your shopping cart is empty
Seems you did not register purchase code for XStore WordPress Support Forum to be able to create a topic on this forum.